AmmoJammo
"Batteries may not be mounted underneath the vehicle. (Underbody battery boxes, racks, etc. are prohibited.)"

but why not?

why can't a street C car have its second battery under the car? it doesn't gain anything, its still only a single second, 800cubic inch battery.

what is "underneath the vehicle"

where does not underneath become underneath?

whats the issue with mounting an auxiliary battery between the chassis rails like in an SUV or similar?
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
I know you dont listen to a not nativ english speaker, but i hope you will be kind with this answer
There are some rules, who define whats allowed or not. Batteries under the vehicle in Street classes is for example not allowed.
And here are the rules what you can read...

6-4         All of the components in the sound system (with the exception of an external podium or source unit) must be located within the external OEM "skin" of the vehicle. (This includes, but is not limited to alternators, batteries, power cables, amplifiers, enclosures, and speakers.)

4-4 The dBDRA defines the "skin" of the vehicle as the external shell (top, front, back, and sides) of the vehicle's OEM body that gives the vehicle its distinctive appearance. This is also the part of the vehicle that is normally painted. The underside or undercarriage of the vehicle is not considered to be a part of the OEM "skin".

I know that your question is not answered in that way you want
Because you want to knwo "why not"... As for your question there are some simple fakts i can tell you.
Its not allowed, because the rules said so (you dont like this answer) ...
Its not allowed because "we" (the Judges) decide this (you dont like this answer) ...
Its not allowed, cause the "normal use of the car is to drive on the Street. and this is also a safety issue to put the second batterie inside the car...

these are just a few reasons "why it is not allowed"

Have a great day
Mike
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
augustijnen Peter
LOL (grabs popcorn and sits back)
The one and only , back for more !!!!
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Kinda adds to the fun in a way. Gotta find a place to put it in the vehicle. I'm not speaking for anything above street classes though. I know street isn't for beginners but its the next step up. I wouldn't call myself a beginner but not an expert competitor either. I think mounting batts under the car is another step up from street. No way I could figure out how to mount a batt under my car. For one it sits too low as it is expecially with all the extra weight.

Just saying I think batts under vehicles is another level. Speaking of street classes and street stock of course. Above street I think you should be able to. Hope you understand what I mean. Sorry to butt in on your thread btw
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
Quote:
Originally posted by dB Drag Feldjaeger:

Its not allowed, cause the "normal use of the car is to drive on the Street. and this is also a safety issue to put the second batterie inside the car...
what?

the rule ONLY allows mounting of the battery INSIDE the car, and you're saying its a safety issue?

so can I mount it under the car, as long as its higher than the lowest point of the sides/back of the car?
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
Quote:
Originally posted by casperskafs:
Kinda adds to the fun in a way. Gotta find a place to put it in the vehicle.
I have a place to put it in the car, thats not an issue.

But its a daily driver, and I don't want a second battery just sitting in the back, if there's somewhere to hide it, I will, and in this case, the place I can hide it is under the car.

I may not even end up mounting it under the car, I haven't measured it up properly, and I need to make a mock up, battery sized box to see if it'll fit.

Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
you can build a box to cover the batt or have your amp cover it.

Plus with the battery undernieth its subject to debris that can corrod your connection or a tree limb could puncture it. Safty 1st
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
its not about covering the battery, its about not wanting to have it taking up cargo space in the back.

I'd rather have a battery leaking outside the car than inside :S
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
Is there space for the batt in the engines area?
Or double floor in the trunk?
[37309a0]

Quote 0 0
D-Bass
Quote:
Originally posted by AmmoJammo:
it doesn't gain anything
I bet in a lot of vehicles it could gain by not having the battery restrict airflow. Just like if you could mount the amplifier underneath the vehicle.

The rules are the rules. If you don't like how they affect your class, compete in a different class, or get a car with a tirewell to hide it. pretty simple.
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:

The rules are the rules. If you don't like how they affect your class, compete in a different class, or get a car with a tirewell to hide it. pretty simple.
thanks for these wise words
[37309a0]

Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
or don't enter.

which is why db drag is dead in Australia
Quote 0 0
kan2ten
We wouldn't want you to not compete, you're much too important?
Quote 0 0
loud tercell
The only car if im not mistaken that would be legal to have a battery outside the factory skin would be a stratus. The battery is located and away in the front fender flair above the tire. This could be wrong but if i remember corectly this is the car.
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
yes those cars have a wierd location in the wheel well behind the front bumper
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy