LoudByDesign
Saw this in the sticky of tips and tricks for gaining spl. Never really understood it and was hoping someone could make it a little more clear to me so hopefully I can apply it thanks
Quote 0 0
splfrek
it directs the sound wave and the airflow out the port.
Quote 0 0
LoudByDesign
Yea I understand that part of it and I also am pretty sure it has to do with aiming or directing your peak to wherever you mic instead of maybe having a peak on the drivers side of the windshield and metering on the passenger. I just don't really know how you would perform this. Thanks though
Quote 0 0
splfrek
well there is no true answer if thats what you are looking for! it works for some and not other's.as for what angle to use well just like the rest of it you have to test it.
Quote 0 0
LoudByDesign
Yea I understand the test and tune part as every vehicle and instal is different. But what I am confused on is what exactly your angling, the port itself?or the box/wall itself? Or do people build a false baffle running from the port to the side of a vehicle on an angle. This is where I'm confused as I know hardly anything about this and am looking to further my knowledge. If anyone has a example that would help as well even though I know it won't be the same as mine it will probably help with my understanding of it
Quote 0 0
john-hone
it is working with the 1/4 wave and box volume. look up 1/4 wave therory. it is an actual formula we used way way back in the day. what we have come to figure out is that it is nothing more than helping air flow or shrinking the box up. it is putting a 45 dergee board that is normaly put in the corner of the back of the box. either the right or left side or both.
Quote 0 0
astrolade
Is that like the big piece of chicken. Because you dont mess with the big piece of chicken.
Quote 0 0
LoudByDesign
Just like the big piece of chicken

And yea I'm somewhat familiar with the 1/4 wave theory ((speed of sound/frequency)/4) but I'm guessing this won't really work for me since I'm running a clamshell anyway. Thanks guys

[ 09-14-2011, 12:19 AM: Message edited by: LoudByDesign ]
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy