TaylorFade
Hi, I recently purchased a TL and I have been using it for the last few weeks. I was doing some testing today and I thought my numbers were a little screwy. I turned my car off and with the mic still in my passenger kick and all of the doors closed, I was still getting readings. WTH?? I mean, my neighbor was cutting his grass, but you can't tell me that his mower is 124.5db @ 18hz inside my car with the doors closed. I was getting readings up and down the spectrum. I know that my TL is supposed to never need calibration, but I know what 120db sounds like and it was definitely not that loud outside.

Please help! Thanks.
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
If you are using an older Term-LAB (with the external power supply), make sure the power supply is not plugged in to the same outlet as a "noisy" device (such as a battery charger for your car.)

Keep in mind that Term-LAB is not intented to measure low SPL's of less than 120 dB.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
murilo
Sometimes I need to unplug my laptop charger so this won't happen. Is the EMI entering through the RJ cable?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
power supplies plugged into the same 110V circuit with unclean switching can cause things like this
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy