sepp
hi guys

I have left the car audio scene for awhile, so I don't know what products are out there. Can anyone recommend a HU that has a built-in (or an Add-On) memory to store MP3's? I'm getting tired of burning MP3s on CD-R's.

Thanks
Quote 0 0
Meade916
get a deck that supports "real time" ipod....i bought mine JUST for the truck so basicly in my center console have a 60gig hard drive that i can take out if i want. I have the same hookup in my other cars too so its just a matter of bringing my "hard drive" with me.

To me, thats your best bet next to any other Mp3 Player on the "line out / aux in" setup. At least the real time ipod adapters charge the 'pod for you while its in there
Quote 0 0
Jay Odom
try the new sony with the memory face plate dont remember the model mex1 i think
Quote 0 0
xclusiv3
meade what HU do you have?
i was looking between these
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6892.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7008.html#
Quote 0 0
05 obs
i belive meade has a pioneer avic dunno if its an a1, a2, or a3 though.
Quote 0 0
Meade916
in the Hoe i have the N1 and the IPOD interface sucks. Its hard to find songs if you dont know where they are. Everything sounds fine, almost all my vids on my site were using the pod for music. Just slow going thru 7 gigs of music to find a track if the screen isnt telling you much. This is why i was saying the "real time" Ipod ready decks are where its at. I have an Alpine IVA-w200(the one in the first link) and its GREAT with the Ipod. Its a great deck period.
Quote 0 0
xclusiv3
i didnt know that one had the 'real time' i was looking in the specs but i aint see it.
how much you pay?
i can get them from my cousin in canada for cheap.
off of this site....
2001audiovideo.com
Quote 0 0
sepp
thanks guys.. I already have a CarPC with like 80 gigs of music space but the sound isn't exactly SQ material.. I guess I'll just have to keep modding it until I get to the point where I'm really satisfied. thanks

Meade.. keep up those nice fab work. Your installs are awesome
Quote 0 0
rbdbdrag
my deck has ipod hook ups, meade how would i do what ur doing with the harddrive?
Quote 0 0
mjs
How about burning MP3's to a DVD instead of a CD? DVD's hold aprox. 7X what a CD holds. Martin
Quote 0 0
Meade916
Quote:
Originally posted by rbdbdrag:
my deck has ipod hook ups, meade how would i do what ur doing with the harddrive?
hook up the ipod cord

(the Ipod IS the hard drive)
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy