Team Maxxsonics - John Show full post »
ericw313
Yeah times have changed people are to serious i think since sam left so did a lot of the big and long time competitors. I miss sams shows he always joked around and we had fun which is why i enjoyed going to shows. I used to call in sick to work on saturdays when shows where close by just to go post up a number hope my boss doesn't read this lol. I think though that mostly small shows is also due to the economy right now. We need more shows in michigan and northern ohio too.
Quote 0 0
The Repo Man
Shows are really what the competitors make them.

I participate because its a good time and if I win then that is a added bonus. I enjoy hanging out with the friends I have made at shows and thats what its all about.

As for people not posting this or that on this forum, its because too much gets deleted and the important relevant topics disapear far too often.
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
Quote:
Originally posted by ---Navi---:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Team Prodigy Mike:
I think that people need to get back to having fun and hanging out with friends. And let the competition to be a bonus. To many are caught up in the winning and lossing.
Post of the year^
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
sundownz
Quote:
Originally posted by TeamSubGoPoof:
shows are getting smaller and smaller also
In the USA - saw some videos from my Russian distributor and their shows are crazy... wonder what it would take to bring that back here.
Quote 0 0
Old/School
lots
Quote 0 0
98AckCL23
Quote:
Originally posted by sundownz:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TeamSubGoPoof:
shows are getting smaller and smaller also
In the USA - saw some videos from my Russian distributor and their shows are crazy... wonder what it would take to bring that back here.
There were results from Greece earlier this year with similar showings. IIRC, there were like 70 in each class for bassrace. It was nuts...
Quote 0 0
Jeremy Weber
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Maxxsonics - John:
At the end of an event, every one would rush home and post pics, videos, scores and tell about what goofy nut did what?
Most times people would post scores as it was happening.

Now too many come home and don't post at all or just bitch about what they didn't like....

2-3 days later you see the event results if at all...

I don't know.... just not the same any more.
While I agree, the sport in my area has evolved into more street beater systems and daily rides. I only have a few real hardcore guys who care about what sanction it is.

Mostly the issues I see revolve around the current class structure, I run my own classes in conjunction with the dB Drag classes because at this time we don't offer much for beginners, and the classes we do have for entry level competitors have more rules than NASCAR.

I do try to have as much fun and create the "nuts" in the crowd if I can, but recently most people on here only watch our videos and look at our pictures to see how they can complain about guys in my area "cheating". So I keep to my own sites and forums (Facebook and CACO).

I also don't have the time to post pictures on 3 sites, (my website, FB, and here. I put the picture were the bulk of the people they pertain to get to see them and have fun with them.

TBH most of the guys at my shows don't even know this site exists, and honestly I'm glad they don't. Allot of the stuff posted here gets ugly fast.
Quote 0 0
rbdbdrag
we have to take what is said and done in drag,if anything is said the mods dont like it gets deleted,so whats the oldies supposed to do,most times its just not visiting here very much,
Quote 0 0
mdspl
i guess there are also alot of people like myself, who "just cant afford it". and after many years of being told if you cant afford it then get out. you start to listen after a while, ... also having a job shift to working weekends didnt help im sure im not the only one.
Quote 0 0
Conclusive
I agree.

My favorite part of the weekend was reading the results from a big show. Or posting results if I or a team mate showed that weekend.

Now I see very few results being posted.
Quote 0 0
safaribass
I remember when u got over 40 cars for a 1x and damn near 80 for 3x's.times have really changed
Quote 0 0
aburtch
Quote:
Originally posted by ESP Challenge:
Shows here in the midwest haven't changed all that much. And results do get posted typically in less than 24 hours if not even same day. Too many shows going on too close together if you ask me. That happens when 5 people are doing shows in one area though. I think the frame of mind and drive to compete have changed the most.
When did you bump your head?? I have been around as long as you and even I can see the many changes........ I remeber when 1st was $300 2nd $100 & 3rd was $25 at the 1x Car tune event & many others like it.... Plus there was goodie bags & give aways, and drawings.... Hmmm I can go on and on..... Every event had something other than a trophy & bickering.....

I mostly enjoy my own system for the luv of bass then comes competition if I even muster up a ok score. There was once a time I shared the passion as few do these days. USE TOO seem to be the new thing I see. We will always have the hard cores, but other than that what???

[ 07-16-2010, 10:00 PM: Message edited by: aburtch ]
Quote 0 0
rbdbdrag
and a 3xer was always a 2 day event,people came from miles around to do the show,thats when chris norris had it put on in ft wayne ind,when he worked at classic stereo,
Quote 0 0
deaf tones
remember when every other thread here wasn't a "good old times" thread? remember when competitors did everything they could to make qualifying before they realized they could just complain until the rules changed so they didn't have to work as hard? remember when competitors here just didn't...bitch?

brilliant lawyer once commented on a completely unrelated topic:
If people would take the time to understand the things they bitch about, we would be better off.

People bitch to bitch. They don't let facts get in the way of those arguments.

that comment applies here as much as it does in politics. Its not the leaders or the parties, it's the people who bitch regardless of the outcome. Multiple location finals was considered the beginning of the end...we would have never had that style finals had people just stopped bitching. Every year people bitch about the rules, but when they're changed, they bitch even more that the old rules were better. People bitch about classes, then bitch some more when classes are eliminated or restructured.

Remember when people just didn't bitch on TP? Wow, that was the good old days.

At what point will people here just stop bitching?

and to the cowardly lion that keeps deleting me posts, delete this one knowing I'm right.
Quote 0 0
deaf tones
side note - I'd like to see where we'd be at had minimal to no changes been made to the rules and classes over the years...and if Nashville was still thee finals location for the U.S.

I'd like to see what we'd be doing now had people's endless bitching not impacted the rules and location.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy