stang em
I have a 92 Ford Mustang GT. I dont own a meter but I was wondering if anyone knows what the resonant freq of that car is? And what if the freq is 57Hz but my box is 38Hz does it matter then? Can't I make my tuning freq a multiple of the resonant freq and still see a gain or is that a myth?
Quote 0 0
Gavin
its hard to tell, even though many people may have the same TYPE car, the freq will always a little different. As for your question about does it matter. Stag, if your building for comps, it matters a lot! but if just for street booming. don't worry, people will hear you

If your trying to build for a comp, get a meter, build a sealed box (not ported) run your freq CD and see what the car likes, then build a ported box and try to tune it as close to that freq as possible or tune it a 2 or 3 freqs down and get it to PEAK at that freq. I'm sure others will chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Good Luck.
Quote 0 0
stang em
Let me rephrase it. In designing a loud sound quality system does the vehicles resonant freq matter? I ask because most of the time the resonant freq is way higher than a daily driver is tuned to.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
the resonant freq. does matter if you're looking for a smooth response. you would want to tune well below the resonant freq. so that all peaks are away from the vehicle's peak. otherwise you get a huge response peak. for sq, tune the sub low and get a great midbass setup. Of course this is NOT going to get you higher scores at competitions.
for competition, you'll want to tune your port 4-6Hz below your cars peak. That way your box gives maximum output at the same point the vehicle is loudest
Quote 0 0
stang em
I guess thats why most loud low systems consist of multiple woofers alot of power. I'm just looking to make a louder than what I already have daily driver. My setup right now isn't for drag. But since it doesn't do too bad at drag I enter it. So if I can do an even louder setup for daily that would mean that my score would go up and I'd be happy. May not get 1st place but atleast place in the top 3. Its a hard task but thats whats making it fun
Quote 0 0
captaincheesey
What does your current setup consist of?
Quote 0 0
stang em
Current setup is two mtx 7500 15 svcs in a 7.2 cuft box with a 80 sq in slot port firing to the drivers of the car. Subs firing up. System is up to par with ss nw guidelines
Quote 0 0
Team Concepts Matt
how long are the ports?
Quote 0 0
stang em
Port is 18 inches long. Box I'm currently workin on has 112sq in of port and about 18-19 inches long.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy