Anotherguy
Dose anybody know the res freq of 05 scion xb? It's the older square style. Thanks
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
wall? or not?
if non-wall, i'd GUESS 49-52Hz. but that's just a guess
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Josh, do you still have your Term Lab? If so the easiest way to determine is to take all the excess stuff out of the XB like anything you carry in it on a regular basis that won't be in there when you burp the vehicle. Then take a 10" or 12" woofer in a sealed 1 cubic ft box and start playing tones while measuring the spl. I would start in the 25hz range to be fair giving most freq's a recorded number. Continue burping all the way up to the 80hz cutoff for bass while writing down each score for each freq. Scan your data for the loudest number and see what freq that number was done at. That is your vehicle's peak freq, and from what I'm told should be the resonant freq as well. This method was described to me by the guys from Team Neo, Eric and Vernon so I feel pretty confident that those two former North American champions know their stuff. A ton of power isn't necessary for the test, but it is important that the box be 1 cube after displacement sealed for a smooth rolloff and good response at all freq's.

Another way to "try" to figure out the resonant freq is to play tones again with the sealed box and try to nail down the freq that the vehicle is vibrating or making the most noise at. In my vehicle it happens to sound like it's vibrating more at 48hz, but the actual peak of the vehicle is 52hz. So this may cause some interference with one another.
Quote 0 0
Anotherguy
Thanks for the info Zach. I know how to find it if I had the vehicle, but it's for a friend and I dont have access to it for testing. I thought somebody might already know.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy