88redthunder
Would I be able to push my subs even semi-hard with an RF 500a2? They're rated at 250x2 RMS @ 2ohms, or 500x1, but i dont know if the bridged is 1,2,4, or whatever stable. I realize that anything is gonna be better than the Pyramid I had pushin these subs, but how much better would the RF be? would it be worth my 200 bucks? Any help and/or ideas would greatly help out. Check out my ride (linked from my sig) for info on my subs. Thanks in advance.
Quote 0 0
hb
is your sub a 2,4 or 8 ohm?

the rf 500a2 works good with 4ohm(bridged) and the 500.1 is 2ohm stable (not less than 2)
Quote 0 0
88redthunder
my subs can be run at 2, 4, or 8 ohms. Right now, I have them wired to 2 ohms, but I can wire them up to 4 if that would make the amp happier. But if I run 4 ohms, wouldnt I be neglecting one of my voice coils? Bleh. I just need a new amp! I've been without a system for way too long now! LOL. Any more help is greatly appreciated.
Quote 0 0
Devastator
What voice coil configuration are your subs? I'm assuming they are dual 4's but you say "my subs can be run at 2, 4, or 8 ohms" which makes no sense at all. Not trying to harp down on ya, but we could use a little clarification.
Quote 0 0
88redthunder
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Devastator:
What voice coil configuration are your subs? I'm assuming they are dual 4's but you say "my subs can be run at 2, 4, or 8 ohms" which makes no sense at all. Not trying to harp down on ya, but we could use a little clarification.

Yeah sorry bout that. They're DVC 4 ohm subs.
Quote 0 0
WannaLearn
You can wired each sub parallel to get a 2-ohm load then connect to each of the channel and you'll get the most out of that amp for 2 channels operation. or
You can wired each sub in series then wired them together in paralel to get a 4-ohm load total, then bridge your amp. That way you'll get the most out of your amp for a bridge mono load.
Quote 0 0
hb
I recommend any good sub amp...
You can use jbl600.1, jbl1200.1
The jbl1200.1 will make them hit hard and it is also a clss d amp (higher efficiency)

I have my rf bd1000.1 hooked up to 2 jl audio 12w3d4 (dual voice coil 4 ohm)
paralled into a 2 ohm load.
Quote 0 0
Bass Freak
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hb:
I recommend any good sub amp...
You can use jbl600.1, jbl1200.1
The jbl1200.1 will make them hit hard and it is also a clss d amp (higher efficiency)

I have my rf bd1000.1 hooked up to 2 jl audio 12w3d4 (dual voice coil 4 ohm)
paralled into a 2 ohm load.

that'll be a 1ohm laod then...two DVC 4 ohm subs?

Two 4 ohm coils in parallel is 2 ohms.

Two 2 ohm loads paralleled make 1 ohm.

1 ohm.

To get two 4 ohm DVc wired from a 500a2 for maximum power:

wire each sub in series.

wire both subs in parallel to the amp.

4 ohm load...750w rms and then some.

You can wire them in stereo if you like, but not much music plays bass in stereo...

The 500a2 is not going to disappoint you.

Quote 0 0
Jay Gold
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bass Freak:

You can wire them in stereo if you like, but not much music plays bass in stereo...

Uhm, the music doesn't change depending on how you amp is run. The are both rated for the same power, @2ohm stereo or 4ohm mono, but mono generally tends to putout slightly more power, and there is no channel seperation, that's why running it in mono is better than stereo. The music still has the same bass though.

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: Jay Gold ]
Quote 0 0
shockj2000
question about this amp. i have a 15 inch l7 kicker sub 2ohm dvc and i hooked it up neg coil one to pos coil two then pos coil one and neg coil two two the amp mono.. will the amp be stable at that.. its seems to be running 4ohms based on wiring diagrams ive seen..
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
Quote:
Originally posted by shockj2000:
question about this amp. i have a 15 inch l7 kicker sub 2ohm dvc and i hooked it up neg coil one to pos coil two then pos coil one and neg coil two two the amp mono.. will the amp be stable at that.. its seems to be running 4ohms based on wiring diagrams ive seen..
You should run the sub in series since its a dual 2. That would give you 4 ohm mono which those Rockford's would put out more than 500 watts. Run the amp wires to the positives on both sides then run a jumper wire between the 2 negatives.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
Quote:
Originally posted by shockj2000:
yes, that's correct.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy