-MichaelCRX
I bought orion 2500d from HCCAfan aka Shane like 6 years ago. The orion 2500d has finally stopped working yesterday due to head unit high voltage preout which is 8v. The amp can only handle up to 5v. It has last long time. I've been running it at 0.5ohm, never had a problem. Unbelievable strong amp. I guess it is time to upgrade more power. I know rca input is the problem with orion 2500d because I hook up jbl 600w amp and is working perfectly running at 0.5ohm for 5 seconds.

Is there any chance fixing rca input on that amp? cheap fix?
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
I have a Mmats d50hc that I've had since they came out and running a Rockford-Fosgate 8140 which has 8.5 volts RCA output. The Mmats handles 2.5 volts and I haven't had a problem. As far as the RCA input yeah you can go to a electronics store and get a new RCA input. Is the input loose or just no signal? Does the amp have speaker inputs? You might try them to see If you have a signal. Chances are you you might gave blown the input transistors. Depending on how many there are usually atleast 4 maybe up to about $15 a piece.
Quote 0 0
-MichaelCRX
Good to hear that is fixable. The input is solid, just very, very weak signal. I can feel the subs are moving very little while play music. I bought a new RCA and didn't help. I opened the amp and see no burnt or loosen. I am positive it is rca input. Hope it's not the transistors. I'm gonna try RCA input first.
Thank you for input.
Quote 0 0
SoundCustoms
I have seen an amp like yours do something similar. The Input RCA on the amp had a cold joint or a broken one, from the RCA to the amp's PCB. You might wanna look into that first.

[ 11-01-2011, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: SoundCustoms ]
Quote 0 0
sensai
michael,

i have had 6 of those amps ( 1 left). Send it to db-r.com He has fixed all of the ones that i have had issues with.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy