Jerhemy1331
Hello all,

I am about to order an amp to run two type R 15's at 1 or 2 ohm. I have heard great things about the soundstream amp's and especially the rubicon series. Is there a better amp out there for around the same price (~$500.00)?

just a bit more info on what the system will be:

HO alt
Big 3 done with 0 gauge
Optima yellow top under the hood
all 0 gauge power/ground
XS D3100 in the back
(2) Alpine type R 15's
Ported box, aprox 3 ft^3 per sub

Thanks for any info you guys can give me!

Jeremy
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Are you Type R's Dual 4 or Dual 2's. Pretty important to know when buying an amp
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
I have not bought them yet. I would be getting the dual 4 Ohms and wiring them in parallel to get a 1 ohm load for the SS amp. If I were to go with a different amp, I may have to go with the Dual 2 ohms.

I suppose I should have specified, I have not bought anything as of yet.

Thanks for the reply!
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
I gotta say i've seen setups with the RUB 2500 and they were pretty impressive but I gotta say you can get some pretty sweet amps for $500. Just my opinion
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
I figured that was the case, but I really don't know any of those other options. Might have to spend some more time looking into other amps before ordering anything.
Quote 0 0
tprj82
whats your thoughts on buying used?
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
I would definitely like to buy everything new, but I know a lot of money can be saved by buying used, so i would be open to it.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
I shop a lot on caraudioclassifieds and I've always had good luck BUT your always taking a chance buying from a stranger
Quote 0 0
tprj82
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerhemy1331:
I would definitely like to buy everything new, but I know a lot of money can be saved by buying used, so i would be open to it.
theres a few sundown amps there as well, i think i saw a 2000 going for like 350 shipped or plus shipping
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
yea i gotcha man, I'm buying those sa bnib 15's off of ca.com.

only issue is that they are dual 2 ohm, so I gotta locate a different amp. The guy i'm buying them from suggested the Kicker ZX 2500.1 which surprised me cause i have heard different opinions about kicker stuff.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
I think kicker is great BUT for the money you will spend on a ZX 2500 you can get better. I'd get a sundown 2500 before that. I THINK it can handle .5 on good electrical
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
yea they seem to be very pricey (the zx 2500.1's)which isn't a huge deal if it's gonna perform and keep it up for hours. haha thanks for the info! still un-decided on an amp but I did buy the sundown sa 15's dual 2 ohm.
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
Plus you can buy RUB2500's for pretty cheap off of ebay!!!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy