ktraughb2
i know that the old rules stated all amps, enclosures etc must be under the window line. ive been looking around and had a bit of trouble finding the new rule for the height limit. i think it states the height of the front seats not including head rests. is this correct? ill mostly be building for meca due to location, but im definitely attending slamology and intend to compete db drag there and probably some others soon. help is appreciated.
Quote 0 0
ktraughb2
i think i found the answer to my own question. it appears it needs to pass the wall test for enclosure only, considering batteries amps etc, arent attached to the enclosure. is this correct? wall test being not exceeding front windows height? basically ill be building in a 1998 chevrolet blazer, and just want to be sure my enclosure will adhere to all rules. my amps will likely be mounted a little higher, but if i read correctly should be okay considering they arent attached to the box. correct me if im wrong. thanks.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
there is no window line rule anymore.

you're allowed to have the enclosure above the window line, as long as there is 13inches clearance between the roof lining, and the box.

as you've pointed out, and I mentioned a while ago, there's nothing stopping you from hanging your batteries from the roof, as long as they aren't mounted to the box.
Quote 0 0
ktraughb2
Awesome. Thank you for the info. That will make it much better for me to run in multiple organizations.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
having said this though, I've found a lot of judges to have not actually read or understood the rules properly, so although you might build to them perfectly, doesn't mean all judges will allow it.
Quote 0 0
ktraughb2
i personally was terribly confused when reading the rules, so i can understand that possibility. do you know about this rule adhering to slamology specifically? ill definitely be there.
Quote 0 0
augustijnen Peter
AmmoJammo wrote:
there is no window line rule anymore.

you're allowed to have the enclosure above the window line, as long as there is 13inches clearance between the roof lining, and the box.

as you've pointed out, and I mentioned a while ago, there's nothing stopping you from hanging your batteries from the roof, as long as they aren't mounted to the box.

battery's are a part off the soundsystem and will be counted , if u do that u will be in a wall class , regardless if they are mounted on the box or not
The one and only , back for more !!!!
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
augustijnen Peter wrote:
battery's are a part off the soundsystem and will be counted , if u do that u will be in a wall class , regardless if they are mounted on the box or not

since when is a battery "auto sound equipment"
by your logic, if someone upgrades their battery, they've upgraded their sound system xD I'll have to remember that next time I sell a car with a non standard battery.

there's no mention of batteries under the "auto sound equipment regulations" section, other than "No embedded active power sources (such as batteries) may reside inside of the amplifier." but that isn't saying that a battery is part of the "auto sound equipment"
Quote 0 0
augustijnen Peter
anything that is connected to the soundsystem is a part off it
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
augustijnen Peter wrote:
anything that is connected to the soundsystem is a part off it

the rules don't say anything even remotely close to that.. lol

as I said, I've found a lot of judges to have not actually read or understood the rules properly
Quote 0 0
ktraughb2
Maybe if I explain what I'm doing it will help. Box would probably be at window line, in case it isn't it will definitely be more than 13" below the headliner. However, I want to mount my amps above the two tire wells in my blazer and they would be above window line, but should still be more than 13"below the headliner. The racks that will hold the amps will be mounted to my battery boxes which lie on the floor and will be at or below box height. The box itself will only be mounted to the floor--none of the other equipment.
Quote 0 0
augustijnen Peter
AmmoJammo wrote:
the rules don't say anything even remotely close to that.. lol

as I said, I've found a lot of judges to have not actually read or understood the rules properly

you are a frickin moron , an idiot , i'm done with your endless " i am always right" discusions
Quote 0 0
ktraughb2
fights arent necessary. but i would like to know if the system i listed would be legal for street. experienced help is needed. i dont intend to mount batteries any higher than the window line anyway---only the amps and they will not be attached to the enclosure.
Quote 0 0
augustijnen Peter
nothing can be higher than the wall line , no batts , no amps , nothing , anything above and its considered a wall
Quote 0 0
ktraughb2
So wall being less than 13" from the headliner? Correct?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy