SQcrewcab
How as this worked for you? Did it work for you? Did it help? I am pretty sure a deck would take 16 volts but not sure about over 17 volts. I plan on using 2 of my older 8 volts to run the deck alone, not off the alternator either. So it would sit at just a hair over 16v.
Quote 0 0
quad box
i would not do it, i run my deck on a 12volt batt just for it, already did magic smoke with one head unit. keep in mine 16volt charges at 18volts or more
Quote 0 0
Mr Bump
12V for the win.
Quote 0 0
SQcrewcab
quad box,,, thats why i thought about using 2 8 volts by them selves. not charging off the alt.
Thanks for the info guys. guess i wont try it. I dont have a spare deck right now.
Quote 0 0
SPL2000
i ran my pioneer, rockford, kenwood, and audiobahn headunits at 17.9 volts in the lanes with no problems. I even ran the audiobah up to 20 once while it was on the charger.
Quote 0 0
SQcrewcab
Do you think it is worth a try Mr. Huges? I thought about leaving it on the 12 volt batt and using my charger to take it too 15volts and then to 16 and then to 18 while on the charger to see how the deck reacts.
Quote 0 0
murilo
Some HU have 16V capacitors in the side of circuitry that takes the +12V, they will handle a bit more for a few moments, but is better to keep it in the 12V circuit.
Quote 0 0
delvryboy
mine freaked out. it would power up fine, but would cut out at about half volume.

do you use a 12v for a starting battery? you could just use that for HU power.
Quote 0 0
KvnCrt
no...
Quote 0 0
boommerextreme
Mine works Fine. I run my whole truck off 16v all day.
Quote 0 0
Glass City Sounds
i run mine on 16v and my line driver
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
We have done it before, but it freaks some amps out because it gives them 16v turn-on too. We just run a 12v under the hood for the deck and the truck to run off.
Quote 0 0
Defmofo
I have run up to 19 volts with my Premier 8600 Mp with no problems ever..LOL
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy