teambrownnote
Looking for some input.. I'm interested in the concept of sealing off the trunk in my '06 KIA Spectra. I understand the mechanics and logic behind the idea, but does it work for daily listening? I listen to a wide variety of music, and I like it loud and clean. My current sub stage is a Cadence ZRS7000D amp and a Rockford P3D215 at 1 ohm. Do you have to leave the seats down to reap the benefits? Any info is appreciated.
Thanks!
Quote 0 0
teambrownnote
Oh yeah... I currently run the sub in a 3.25 cft ported enclosure at 32hz. Sub and port back. Sounds good and loud right now, just always looking for improvement and new techniques!
Quote 0 0
db xTc
I only do spl builds but moat say firing back sounds best and has a good response curve. Many daily systems are sub up/back/or forward with port to the side.

Depending on the subs, I have notice more mechanical noise firing forward. Trunk walls are normally geared towards spl. I gained over 1db sealing up my 10's compared to firing forward.
Quote 0 0
teambrownnote
Thanks db.. From what I've read, some have found that sealing off directs the pressure more into the cabin area than the trunk. I wouldn't mind benefitting from that, but if I lose sound quality it won't be worth it. I suppose I'll take advantage of the good weather, and experiment with turning my enclosure around and temp sealing it to see if I like it!
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
it works fine, but you typically would want to tune the box slightly lower for daily.
Quote 0 0
teambrownnote
Thanks for the input, D-Bass. Lower than the 32hz it's tuned at right now? And would having the rear seat-backs up (when I have passengers) dramatically affect the performance?
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
32Hz should be ok. Of course it will be a bit quieter with the seats up, but should still sound pretty good. just remember to leave youself a few inches between the seat and the sub/port
Quote 0 0
So_Lo_Saturn
In my Saturn I had a 3.5 cube box tuned to 33.5hz and the trunk was sealed off. The easiest way to do this is slide your box in the trunk from inside the car put it where you want it and use great stuff around the box. Hopefully your box isn't carpeted because that stuff is messy and a bit_h to get off. I using ran around with one seat down but wasn't neccasary because I bent the seat frame out so if I had passengers I could hear the bass.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy