Team Psycho Broken
Question:

Say you have a pair of sub a that are equipt with dual .5 coils. You series the Coils on each sub to get 2 1 ohm loads and then parallel them back down to get .5 ohm.

Will you get less output (i've heard almost a 2db difference) with the series parallel wiring with the exact same power over parallel parallel wiring with a different coil configuration? i.e. dual 2 ohm coils all paralled down to .5 ohms?
Quote 0 0
170typhoon
I have never seen a difference in mine
Quote 0 0
tprj82
Quote:
Originally posted by 170typhoon:
I have never seen a difference in mine
he was asking about spl not sq
Quote 0 0
170typhoon
Quote 0 0
murilo
Quote:
Originally posted by Team Psycho Broken:
Question:

Say you have a pair of sub a that are equipt with dual .5 coils. You series the Coils on each sub to get 2 1 ohm loads and then parallel them back down to get .5 ohm.

Will you get less output (i've heard almost a 2db difference) with the series parallel wiring with the exact same power over parallel parallel wiring with a different coil configuration? i.e. dual 2 ohm coils all paralled down to .5 ohms?
Higher the VC impedance the louder the sub will be, normally.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
longer wire length in the field means higher BL. as long as the mass doesn't get to high it can help
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Always Parallel down to get the load you want if possible.

Example: Four coils that are 4 ohm each wired in parallel is better than four 1 one ohm coils wired in series/parallel when you consider the spl. In most cases its unmeasurable but in some instances its a consistent .1 to .2 difference. BUT with that said, you also must consider the other coil specs to make an educated decision to whether it will help you or not.

So....In most cases it is better to parallel down to your desired load when possible.

If that can't be done then the usually you series the subs, then parallel down to your load as a second option.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy