darkkon
okay, so my new alternator is on and working, however when i rev up to 3,000 rpm it sounds like a bad squeeling noise and my belt tensioner is kind of vibrating.

drove it around all day with no problems except i wasnt able to rev above 3k rpm without that terrible sound and it only got worse if i revved any higher,

im hoping one of you guys might have some advice, was the belt slipping? should i get a little bit shorter of a belt?
Quote 0 0
Sinister-David
sounds like the belt is slipping might take the belt off and down to auto store have it sized and see if they have one that is maybe 1" smaller
Quote 0 0
dave brooks
when i put on my new alt i had same problem had to go down 3 sizes never did it again
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
the new alternator probably has a slightly smaller pulley and needs a slightly smaller belt.
find the circumference of the two pulleys, and get a smaller belt.
Quote 0 0
darkkon
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
the new alternator probably has a slightly smaller pulley and needs a slightly smaller belt.
find the circumference of the two pulleys, and get a smaller belt.
actually its a slightly bigger pulley on the alternator, so i need to go about a size bigger. i have a 48 5/8ths on there now, i need to get about a 48 1/8th.

my stock belt is like 47 6/8ths
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy