Da Ghetto Einstein
Ok, guys here it is I was wondering what is the record for the loudest trunk in a SPL contest on a TermLab. See I want to set a record for the loudest trunk. I know that I am fairly new to SPL contest but i am just that type of person who like gettin out there with the big-dogs before my time to show them that I can hang too. I need a little help though. I am a noobie to USACi, you see, but i compete at Texas Bass Production events. I've had my share of numerous first place in the trunk class there. But you know what they say there is always room for improvements. As of now my setup consist of:

2 15" AudioPipe TXX-15
Sealed pre-fab box
1 MA HK802SX
12V System
With the subs firing at the trunk

I know that i need to go ahead and get rid of the of the sealed pre-fab box and go with a custom ported box. That is a work in session. But as of now the highest that i have hit with my setup is a 147.4 on a TermLab, now i think that is pretty darn good if you ask me for a sealed pre-fab box. If not let me know.

I have been told about firing my subs in to the cab and sealing off the edges will gain you a couple of DB, but i seen personally that a guy gained 3 DB from doin that. That guy is the main reason why I am asking because he beat me the day he did that by .2 DB. Before he had them firing into the cab he was hitting a whoopin 144.6 consistently, but after he turned them around he's been hittin 147's with me and he has 2 12" Cadence Subs.

Then I have also been told that goin from a sealed box to a ported box makes a hug difference. Some people tell me that you gain about another 3 or 4 DB in doing that.

I am wondering if i went ahead and built a custom ported box and seal off my trunk to have the subs firing inside the cab what is the DB that i will gain? I have been told that no matter what if i only go with one of the topics i just discussed that i will be hittin in the 150 region and become and honorary member of the 150 club.

If you have any input on this let me know, I also would like to know if its true, and what DB gain do you think i will get out of doin everything. Also let me know whats the world record for the loudest trunk. If you have any tricks or anything that will increase my DB please share. Im open to all ideas.

I'll show pics of my setup soon
Quote 0 0
*1LOWSUV*
Good Luck!
Quote 0 0
Da Ghetto Einstein
Yeah I know im gonna need more than that, i mean I've always been taught always to reach for the sun so just in case if you dont make it you will reach the stars. But i think with a lot of hard work, research and stick-to-it-tiveness i can do it. Dats how i am.
Quote 0 0
*1LOWSUV*
Quote:
Originally posted by Da Ghetto Einstein:
I've always been taught always to reach for the sun so just in case if you dont make it you will reach the stars.
What if your in the middle of an eclipse?

Quote 0 0
BallzDeep
Wear glasses
Quote 0 0
*1LOWSUV*
Quote:
Originally posted by BallzDeep:
Wear glasses
Yes I do, thanks for asking.
Quote 0 0
BallzDeep
no prob
Quote 0 0
*1LOWSUV*
Git Er Dun!
Quote 0 0
BallzDeep
lube her up and ride her down!
Quote 0 0
JordyO
Quote:
Yeah I know im gonna need more than that, i mean I've always been taught always to reach for the sun so just in case if you dont make it you will reach the stars.
But........ the stars are further away than the sun.

(stars = sun from another solar system)
Quote 0 0
Iggys Ghost
Quote:
Originally posted by JordyO:
Quote:
quote:
Yeah I know im gonna need more than that, i mean I've always been taught always to reach for the sun so just in case if you dont make it you will reach the stars.
But........ the stars are further away than the sun.

(stars = sun from another solar system)
LAWL! You would think einstein would know that.
Quote 0 0
MOJOMAN
i know steve sears could do a 148+ on sensor with the seat in closed position , on 12 volts with...1 15" sub..and 2 amps..
he now has the deck lid cut out, and with seats still up and closed he is a 151+ , and on sensor also....he hasnt sealed off his box yet(from the rest of the trunk.(stil 1 sub 2 amps, 12 volts) and he gains a lil by dropping the seat.
he is gonna be at the Myrtle Beach SC, show in August..
Quote 0 0
vented
Quote:
Originally posted by BallzDeep:
no prob
do you understand sir question mark. what if i set the world record for loudest 1993 lexus automobile rolleyes
Quote 0 0
1979SPLpacer
Good to see ya. Well the biggest thing that will change will be your note that you burp at. Because now it has more room so your note is lower.I am guessing that its in the 48-58 range. You need too tune the box so it peaks @ your res. frequency.
Quote 0 0
imported_lilmaniac2
doesnt mike stiers have the loudest score for a trunk vehicle?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy