quote:
Originally posted by Pitbull:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1LOUDSUV:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Silence - Johnny:
Ooooo, $400 for head studs. Good head studs for a cummins cost $1100 and there are less bolts.
Comparing apples to oranges...

But if it's the same care to race your cummins against the stang?
I got a friend with a Dodge 2500 that would probably tear you out of the frame.....
dont sleep on diesels they can get nasty
They have power and have nasty torque but they are trucks not race cars...

Here's a stang running a similar motor but not as built and same size turbo (mine has a billet lighter wheel)

No daily driven diesel can hang....

well put up some video to prove otherwise, because neither one of your "builds" have been anything special....
Well my tuner has been having issues tuning my car (he is new to tuning) and honestly since I have a performance shop I should be doing the tunes to.

Kind of scared though lol so I am still debating it so for now car is just seating at my shop

Dunno if any of you guys have tuning experience, is it something hard? I am very good with check engine lights so I dunno if that helps?

Mach doesn't have anything crazy but the lx I am building will put down around 1500rwhp and hopefully run in the 7s..
Quote 0 0
Pitbull
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Broken Silence - Johnny:
Ooooo, $400 for head studs. Good head studs for a cummins cost $1100 and there are less bolts.
Comparing apples to oranges...

But if it's the same care to race your cummins against the stang?
I got a friend with a Dodge 2500 that would probably tear you out of the frame.....
dont sleep on diesels they can get nasty
They have power and have nasty torque but they are trucks not race cars...

Here's a stang running a similar motor but not as built and same size turbo (mine has a billet lighter wheel)

No daily driven diesel can hang....

well put up some video to prove otherwise, because neither one of your "builds" have been anything special....
Well my tuner has been having issues tuning my car (he is new to tuning) and honestly since I have a performance shop I should be doing the tunes to.

Kind of scared though lol so I am still debating it so for now car is just seating at my shop

Dunno if any of you guys have tuning experience, is it something hard? I am very good with check engine lights so I dunno if that helps?

Mach doesn't have anything crazy but the lx I am building will put down around 1500rwhp and hopefully run in the 7s..
tuning is easy....what type of dyno do you have
Quote 0 0
1LOUDSUV
I dont have a dyno, big investment that scares me since I dunno squat about lol. I used to take the car to a shop in Downey but took it to this new guy and it's not working out. I keep telling him it's running to rich and he seems to think 11-12 -a/f is good at idle.

Also I'm not sure if I should stick with sct or switch over to sniper.
Quote 0 0
Pitbull
well without a dyno how are you do know what kinds of gains/losses you are getting with each adjustment?

and stick with sct
Quote 0 0
1LOUDSUV
Quote:
well without a dyno how are you do know what kinds of gains/losses you are getting with each adjustment?

and stick with sct
Before It blew I would take it to this dyno shop, and I took it this time to a friends shop who has the sct software but no dyno so that didn't work out lol so I guess now I have to take it to a dyno shop I have no choose unless I get one but tuning scares me for some reason lok
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy