Wagonized Show full post »
Mazda SPL
Quote:
Originally posted by thanosdbfan:
then why do you propose these classes?
I will try to explain my point with the last Final scores.

In Europe, the loudest Street A score was 159.5 db with a 12" or 2 10" subs, 1 amplifier and 1 battery. The loudest Street C score was 160.8 db with a maximum of 2 15", 4 amplifiers and 2 batteries. It is a 1.3 db difference.

In North America, the loudest Street A was 156.5 db with a 12" or 2 10", 1 amplifier and 1 battery. The loudest Street C score was 157.5 db with a maximum of 2 15", 4 amplifiers and 2 batteries. It is a 1 db difference.

The difference between Street A scores is 3 db and the difference between Street C scores is 3.3 db. So, I can thing that the high resonant frequency of Panda's and Marbella's vs CRX and Explorer have a bigger impact on the score that the big difference of equipement restriction in Street classes.

It is why I propose theses classes but It is just an idea like an other one...

Somethigh like this that allow different type of cars.

50 Hz A (Trunk)(Street)
50 Hz B (Trunk)(Super Street)
50 Hz C (Wall)(Super Street hair trick guys)

60 Hz A (Hatch)(Street)
60 Hz B (Wall)(Street Max)
60 Hz C (Wall)(Super Street)

70 Hz A (Hatch)(Street)
70 Hz B (Wall)(Super Street)
70 Hz C (Extreme)

80 Hz A (Hatch)(Street)
80 Hz B (Wall)(Super Street)
80 Hz C (Extreme)

Maybe it seem to be ridiculous in first view but it allow all different cars and systems to be loudest in one class. But as I said at beginning, it is not for tomorrow because it is a too radical change.

[ 10-26-2009, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Mazda SPL ]
Quote 0 0
bignoiz

a little off topic but this pic brought back some memories, back in the early 80's i used to drive one of these things and i can honestly say it's easily in the top 3 of the worst cars ever produced

Quote 0 0
murilo
Well, here are some points:

The CRX's fully loaded on C class are able to something like a 159, and the Opel corsas are in that range too, playing around 60Hz.

The Smart car will peak higher then Pandas and it is not louder.

The car (Panda) itself should be banned then, because YES, it is LOUDER than others we know, but a frequency limit only on street classes would be strange.
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
Quote:
Originally posted by murilo@soundigital.com.br:
Well, here are some points:

The CRX's fully loaded on C class are able to something like a 159, and the Opel corsas are in that range too, playing around 60Hz.

The Smart car will peak higher then Pandas and it is not louder.

The car (Panda) itself should be banned then, because YES, it is LOUDER than others we know, but a frequency limit only on street classes would be strange.
The panda should not be banned. Banning vehicles is definitely not the answer. A revision to frequencies being used will make the sport better. WHY? People do not need to tear down their current builds or scrap their cars. Some modification is needed, but complete overhauls are not.
Quote 0 0
David Lawrence
They banned caravans after 2001 in street...
Quote 0 0
ShockingCanada
wow Dave Lawrence posting. They didn't ban caravans they just put a rule in place so as to make any minivan useless there is a differance
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
Quote:
Originally posted by Mazda SPL:

In North America, The loudest Street C score was 158.7 db with a maximum of 4 12", 4 XX Cyclops and 2 NSB g3100's.

Fixed
Quote 0 0
mhart
bring back caravans.
Quote 0 0
JustinWhitty2
Bring back Dave Lawrence (Mertzig still has the van I think)
Quote 0 0
David Lawrence
Actually the van is gone. I can't afford to compete anymore but I would love to be involved with some team more next year. Anybody got room for an old school guy. I'm pretty sure I still have some tricks up my sleeve.
Quote 0 0
teamflorida AJ
PICTS!!!!!!!!!! please
Quote 0 0
Old/School
ya pics or it did not happen.
Quote 0 0
crusherII
The caravan is a perfect match for the panda in street class, but only however, if it used as it was allowed to be back in the 01?? season.
Quote 0 0
Maddog
It would be an interesting match up, but in my opinion, I think the crx would still be just a little bit louder than the caravan now.
Quote 0 0
taterdog
less complaining, more sanding...
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy