Exile son of Exodus
Is it possible to build amplifiers with thousands of watts without them being the size of a small car?? I think they're just for looks mostly, but sometimes big dose not = power. With the technology that's out there is it possible to increase an audio signal to incredible levels without excessive heat and size. I could be wrong so let me know.
Quote 0 0
jarfunkz
Heat is a byproduct of power. Sorry, no two ways around it.
Quote 0 0
David Lawrence
Well if you look at amplifiers from say 10 years ago, amps today are considerably smaller, produce less heat, and make more power. It comes down to creating a more efficient design.
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
Quote:
Originally posted by David Lawrence:
Well if you look at amplifiers from say 10 years ago, amps today are considerably smaller, produce less heat, and make more power. It comes down to creating a more efficient design.
Designs haven't changed much. what could be a more efficient design. Heat sinks tend to be small. Would a larger heat sink mean less heat?

[ 01-07-2010, 03:49 AM: Message edited by: Exile son of Exodus ]
Quote 0 0
21LBSOFBOOST
ONE OF MY FIRST BAD AMP PURCHASES
POWER AKOUSTIC APACHE 2200
ABOUT 400 REAL WATTS AND IT WAS 2 FT BY 4 FT
JUST SHAMEFUL. EMBARRASED TO HAVE BOUGHT THAT TURD. IN MY DEFENSE I WAS 17. BOUGHT IT FROM MCM I BELEIVE LOL

MMATS MAKES SMALL AMPS THAT DO DAMAGE
MY D 200 HC IS A BEAST FOR A 10 BY 10 PACKAGE
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
Have you looked into any of the Stetsom or Sound Digital Amps? Those are fairly small and put out massive amounts of power.
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
Quote:
Originally posted by SPL Creator:
Have you looked into any of the Stetsom or Sound Digital Amps? Those are fairly small and put out massive amounts of power.
yea I hope to get a stetsom 14k2d soon.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy