Harm Sikkenga
ok, so im new to subs and stuff. and my friend told me to get a 18" Fi BTL because it's a nice sub but i have no idea how big of a port i should have on my box.

my trunk is, 36" long, 25" deep, and 17" tall with atleast 1-2" to spair on all sides.

all i need now is the size of the port. can anyone help?

and i was wondering if anyone knew the price ide be spending on the material for the box. i'll be using MDF
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
Might think about a smaller sub with the trunk size you got and about 30-35$ a sheet on 3/4" mdf
Quote 0 0
Harm Sikkenga
how big is a sheet. and ive messured it all out it will fit if the port is 14.5" wide X 22.5" long or smaller.
the box will be 17 inches tall, the sub is 10.25" tall and needs 5-10" cuft. which puts me right in the range. I'll have a 6.75" cuft in my box for it to fit in my trunk.
12" BTL = 364
15" BTL = 384
18" BTL = 414
thats only $50 more so ima take the 18
Quote 0 0
SPL Creator
Think about it, with an 18" BTL your gonna wanna go with a double wall enclosure, thats 1.5" thick all the way around, with the measurements you gave that gives you only 5.88 cu ft, thats before sub and port displacement, 5.62 after the sub displacement. If you go with any extra internal bracing, which you should have, the amount of space you have isn't really gonna be enough. Just cause the sub is an extra $50 doesn't mean it's the best option for your ride.
Quote 0 0
Gavin
Quote:
Originally posted by SPL Creator:
Think about it, with an 18" BTL your gonna wanna go with a double wall enclosure, thats 1.5" thick all the way around, with the measurements you gave that gives you only 5.88 cu ft, thats before sub and port displacement, 5.62 after the sub displacement. If you go with any extra internal bracing, which you should have, the amount of space you have isn't really gonna be enough. Just cause the sub is an extra $50 doesn't mean it's the best option for your ride.
well said! I too would suggest a smaller woofer. Also go to some shows (if you haven't already) find some competitors that are using your car or close to it and check out what they have going on and their scores. Remember, sometimes bigger is NOT always better!!
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
A sheet of MDF is 4x8 ft. I'd go with a 15" if you want big but a 12" ( or 2 maybe even 10s check out Thorshammer ) can give you crazy bass. Try DC audio or Incriminator but that's just who I like.
Quote 0 0
Exile son of Exodus
A sheet of MDF is 4x8 ft. I'd go with a 15" if you want big but a 12" ( or 2 maybe even 10s check out Thorshammer ) can give you crazy bass. Try DC audio or Incriminator but that's just who I like.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy