PeteS Show full post »
Derrick824
That vid was Pete's 2nd qualifying run. It was his first run that ended too high.
Quote 0 0
PeteS
Quote:
Originally posted by JR Cringle:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by PeteS:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BigDave:
Not that I am taking sides, but Tommy's setup keeps getting brought up. One...the roof brace would make his truck extreme, but what many dont know is the truck is louder without it. Also, Tommy used to drive his truck everyday...when he decided to go from 17" wheels to 20" wheels is when he decided to not to drive it anymore because the 20's ride like crap.

Now to at least comment on this post, I totally understand modifying a vehicle to keep it from falling apart. Sometimes it gains, sometimes it doesnt. I think its unfair to downplay anyones setup in comparison to another. Downplaying Pete's, Neill's, or Tommy's for the sake of your side of the arguement isnt right, and even if you say your not taking away from their setups, you are. I also have seen alot of people come on numerous forums and claim numbers and post videos and then never do that number at 3x or when it matters. Not saying Pete's van wont do a 161, just saying Congrats, but do it when it matters. Anywho, dang good number.

2009 Tulsa world finals My fist run was to prove it would do 161 bass race and did it however I was forced to rerun.....just had to show it could do it 2x's back to back and it did
So by the looks of this video you started way too early right when the screen said ready, and busted out with a 161.2. Then your average at the end was only a 159.8 so you just bassraced a 159.8 not 161.2. If you infact bassraced a 161.2 then it would of said that on the screen at the end of the round.
I wne to tulsa to prove 160+ bass race on a buget. My 1st run I waited till the last like 8 seconds and sut it down but still ended way to high. I had to rerun on the spot or take a DQ. Came out way over again and held it just not as long simply to prove it wasnt a 1 time deal. Still well over 1 160 on music, thats what I went to tulsa to do. The ONLY reason I went to tulsa was becasue I had yet to prove I could do it. I never went with any hopes of winning, simply to finsh what I had started.

The day I showed up to finals and finshed up my van....yes thats right I was still working on it when I got there it was still no where near what it needed to be. I pulled into the lanes and let it rip. I had NEVER been loud enough to make even close to a 159.9 after 30 seconds.

As far as a redlight start......well I played 3 seconds longer then I needed. The timer at finals was nothing like what any of us had ever seen before. I have never practiced bass race, with a new timer wasnt even going to try.
Quote 0 0
Chad G.
I saw that van bass race over a 160 with no problem at Finals.
Quote 0 0
ericw313
Wonder if there will be any no wall 150 class bassracers?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy