Gavin Show full post »
murilo
Quote:
Originally posted by Gavin:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AudioAnonymous:
So the power wire is reading 2 volts or the remote? Cause it looks to me it's the power wire?
If I pull the wires, I get the correct voltage but,when connected, well, you see the results.
you measure the voltage with no load, so you see all the voltage. When you have load (wire in the amps) the voltage drop is there.

just connect a direct wire from the amp's +12V with a switch.
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
dont know guy? but you had better get it fixed quick! I have new Neo Subs on he way! god luck to you and keep the results comming!
Quote 0 0
Gavin
Thanks everyone for the advice, I started pulling the back apart and now checking to see if there's a look connection, then I'll remove the relay and run the wire from the distro block and the battery to the switch.
Quote 0 0
Gavin
update:

I pulled the relay and did a direct connect. Meaning I can turn the amps off via switch but the HU will still be on. Also, I checked the top row power and ground wires, it seems that 2 sets + & - are ok and 2 sets are bad! gotta pull the bad set and hope that all the problems I'll run into now.

Never though getting into the 60's would give me this much hell!
Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
Are you running 16v or 12v to the remote inputs of the amps?
Mostly of the time it is safer to use 12v.
Quote 0 0
Gavin
Quote:
Originally posted by Team DD Belgium - Dieter:
Are you running 16v or 12v to the remote inputs of the amps?
Mostly of the time it is safer to use 12v.
12v to the amps. So far I really think its the connections, I had to replace 2 sets of connecters and tested each time, so far 2 amps are working one more set to go tomorrow if all goes well.
Quote 0 0
Gavin
update: a pic is worth a 1000 words so here's 2.

8 green lights, made my night!
Now, if all goes right, I should have 32k total.
Quote 0 0
Alemuthafukinjandro
I take it you found and fixed the bad power and ground connections!

[ 06-10-2010, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Gavin ]
Quote 0 0
Gavin
Quote:
Originally posted by Alemuthafukinjandro:
I take it you found and fixed the bad power and ground connections!

sure did bubba! lol never though such a small repair could make me so dam happy. anyway, thanks again everyone for your advice. Now if I were only rich I would fly you guys here and may.... just maybe with your help, I can get competition LOUD!

thanks again
Quote 0 0
LukaQ
looks good, great job, most of the times there is a problem with good connections
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Looks awesome. Love the blue logos. 32k Zowza
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy