H-O-Alts-Rick
I know I can only run one but my car had a head unit that interfaced to my onbaord computer. I no longer have the ability to reset my message center or change any of my factory sttings for things such as my key fob. So now I have several flashing messages. They didn't come up when the new head unit was installed but now that they have I can't find a way to reset them. I have heard of a kit that relocates my stock head unit in a different location so that I still have access to these functions, but this would be illegal wouldn't it? I beleive that this issue needs addressed if we are trying to get newer/nicer cars in competition. I beleive the same issue should affect all GM cars newer then 2000 if not more.
Quote 0 0
Broken Silence - Johnny
A lot of the gm cars are this way. I wouldnt see a problem with this as long as you could prove you were not using it as a source unit for your amplifiers.
Quote 0 0
DrBass
Yeah, you could just re-locate it somewhere it can be seen if asked. I believe there are only 4 wires involved when its re-located, so it would be obvious its not being used for anything else.
Quote 0 0
H-O-Alts-Rick
Thanks that make sense, but I would like to hear it from a judge also.
Quote 0 0
dBSteve
legal. Its SOP when doing an install. Unless you want to buy the more expensive wiring harness, which Im sure you did.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy