Jerhemy1331
Wasn't really sure where to post this question so I figured I would just put it here.

I am trying to hook up and amp in my 2008 altima, with the bose system. I am going to be using a speaker level input because I want to.keep the 6 disk changer and what not. I am just having trouble figuring out which wire is the positive and which wire is the negative running to the speaker in the rear deck. I was told that it probably doesn't matter if I hook that part up right, the + to + and - to - because these are just signals or something. This to me doesn't sound like it would be a good idea so I figured I would ask the experts. I have a solid brown wire and a brown with a white stripe wire going to the speaker after the bose amp. I called bose but I have not heard back yet.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer! I will post pics of the install if I can get going on it haha.
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
Also, is there an easy way to figure out which wire is positive and which wire is negative? I've got         pretty good volt meter and what not if that helps.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
you can cut the speaker wires off a few inches back from the speaker. Hook up a AA battery to the two wires. If the speaker moves outward/forward, you have the correct polarity, meaning the wire hooked to the + on the battery is your + wire. If the speaker sucks into itself, then you have them backwards.

White/Black & Brown/White should be your positives for the two rear deck speakers. But testing is the only way to know for sure. In some cars, they intentionally put certain speakers out of phase.

Another thing to be sure of before you hook up to the rear deck speakers, make sure they are truly full range, and really play bass. In most Hondas(i know, different cars completely), the rears are crossed over way to high to get any bass, and you have to tap into front doors or factory sub. I think in this setup you should be fine, but just for future reference
Quote 0 0
Jerhemy1331
Hey D-bass, thanks for the response.
I believe that in this setup, the rear deck speakers are the "subs" so they might not have the full range of highs, but it ahould be good to go for the lows. Thanks for the advice, I will definitely give that a try with the AA battery. I will post up my install once it stops raining and I can get at it haha.

Thanks again man
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy