THE-SCRAPER
I've noticed more trunk spl vehicles competing these days and unlike Crx's and Pandas there's no real "advantage" vehicle for trunk spl.
I've seen a trunk spl score of 147.9 come from two totally different vehicles a 2dr Honda civic and a 4dr Nissan altima both with less than 1800watts.

Looks like trunk spl is the way to go for an even playing field.

NSPL sets the standard of loud trunk spl,but who has the loudest certified trunk spl vehicle today?
I know thorshammer's Grand Am does 151.6 and Mike Stier's certified score of 153.6 is the loudest ever from a trunk,I think there's trunk a car from Canada that does well over 151 in Street A??
Quote 0 0
VegaS10
The older, boxier 4 door accords do very well.
Quote 0 0
Jwb_Spl
I guy from canada did a 154 in a neon with a street c setup
Quote 0 0
dtbrown
Mike Skaritka's daily driver olds Alero two door trunk does 152+ db with around 2500w at 45hz with two 12's.
Quote 0 0
Wagonized
Quote:
Originally posted by Jwb_Spl:
he also only uses 2 10s but is in street C because of 2 batts
Quote 0 0
Rusty...WCA
Ive noticed a up-swing in the trunkers!!!
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
Quote:
Originally posted by Wagonized:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jwb_Spl:
he also only uses 2 10s but is in street C because of 2 batts
certify 154 and he'd be the king of trunk
Quote 0 0
Thorshammer
Viva La Trunk Revolution!

I'm pretty sure Dave Dasilva holds the current NA Trunk Record. I'll have to go and check. Well Dave did a 153.0 at 08 world finals. So that leaves Mike.

I can't see Mikes stats due to non registration so if anyone wants to check on it plz do.

[ 11-08-2009, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Thorshammer ]
Quote 0 0
The Cover
well i do a 148.4 with 1 6" port with a build to box and a mojo amp at 1 ohm and 4 m3 12s at 47hz...looking at what everyone is running it looks like im doing a bad score with 4 12s but about to rebuild the box and make a lot bigger and bigger port....i would post pics but dont know how lol any help on that
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Quote:
Originally posted by THE-SCRAPER:
I've noticed more trunk spl vehicles competing these days and unlike Crx's and Pandas there's no real "advantage" vehicle for trunk spl.
I've seen a trunk spl score of 147.9 come from two totally different vehicles a 2dr Honda civic and a 4dr Nissan altima both with less than 1800watts.

NSPL sets the standard of loud trunk spl,but who has the loudest certified trunk spl vehicle today?
I know thorshammer's Grand Am does 151.6 and Mike Stier's certified score of 153.6 is the loudest ever from a trunk,I think there's trunk a car from Canada that does well over 151 in Street A??
Terry, you'll see a 155+ out of a trunk this year and I think you know who owns the vehicle That's right you know who I'm talking about, someone come to mind with a little white Cavy??????
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightshade:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by THE-SCRAPER:

Terry, you'll see a 155+ out of a trunk this year and I think you know who owns the vehicle That's right you know who I'm talking about, someone come to mind with a little white Cavy??????
Talk is CHEAP!shoulda,coulda,woulda,and I'm gonna is not gonna cut it,lol until he does it then Sears will be the king of Trunk SPL
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
WOW This is getting good! I think in order to find out who the king of trunk will be I wold have to say that we need to set down what the ground rules should be? what is concidered to be acceptiable in the trunk class? batteries, what can be modified what can't be? sub limits amp limits and all the rest? I am sure that 155db can be done out of the trunk of a car but here is the question under whos rules? I know that there are many differant organizations allow differant things. so which organzation would be concidered to be the loudest trunk? Db Drag? Meca? Iaska? NSPL? Comp Only? Usaci? I think this should be decided so that every one should be on the same playing feild? same thing about volage 12 or 16?
Quote 0 0
F.O. SPL Deezy
I did 151.5 in street A in a 96 neon at 07 world finals. Trunk scores are getting very good these days, id love to see a trunk class.
Quote 0 0
Thorshammer
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda:
WOW This is getting good! I think in order to find out who the king of trunk will be I wold have to say that we need to set down what the ground rules should be? what is concidered to be acceptiable in the trunk class? batteries, what can be modified what can't be? sub limits amp limits and all the rest? I am sure that 155db can be done out of the trunk of a car but here is the question under whos rules? I know that there are many differant organizations allow differant things. so which organzation would be concidered to be the loudest trunk? Db Drag? Meca? Iaska? NSPL? Comp Only? Usaci? I think this should be decided so that every one should be on the same playing feild? same thing about volage 12 or 16?
Since Drag is considered the Elite World Wide I would have to say we use DBDrag as the Arena.

Next I think that all factory supports,frame etc.. should have to be intact. Once you cutout reardecks,trunk openings etc... you take away from the true Trunk imo.
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
Quote:
Originally posted by Thorshammer:
Since Drag is considered the Elite World Wide I would have to say we use DBDrag as the Arena.
I think NSPL gives a run for the money , Rules allow louder scores if the trunk vehicle is in a Db Drag/NSPL NW class

Quote:
Originally posted by Thorshammer:

Next I think that all factory supports,frame etc.. should have to be intact. Once you cutout reardecks,trunk openings etc... you take away from the true Trunk imo.
Very true....... I think the only cutting should be those thin frames that diagonally block the trunk but I agree cutting the upper deck is not trunk spl.

[ 11-08-2009, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: THE-SCRAPER ]
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy