sactownstang
Just trying to find out, is it legal to seal my rear windows and hatchback window? It's on a 90 civic and they close with a clamp and seem to leak.

Class is: SSNW

Thanks!
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
I am shure that you could use tape to seal them the are now allowing you to temperarly tape the window seals.
Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
From the rules:

Contestants may temporarily use tape to seal their air-conditioning vents, heater vents, sun-roofs, driver-side and passenger-side windows when competing provided no other applicable rules are violated.

So only temporarly and not your back window.
Quote 0 0
ssackett
I see the rules indicate you can use tape as a temporary solution .. Would silicone be considered a temporary soultion or violate any other applicable rules? It can be removed by peeling it off and is not permanent.
Quote 0 0
Derrick824
Since we're talking ssnw, does the window line rule apply to batteries?
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
Quote:
Originally posted by ssackett:
I see the rules indicate you can use tape as a temporary solution .. Would silicone be considered a temporary soultion or violate any other applicable rules? It can be removed by peeling it off and is not permanent.
at finals last year they made a guy remove the silicone on the sunroof to pass inspections

Quote:
Originally posted by Derrick824:
Since we're talking ssnw, does the window line rule apply to batteries?
EVERYTHING has to be below the window andinside the floorboards, no vutouts for battery boxes
Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
Quote:
Originally posted by ssackett:
Rules litteraly say: "...may use TAPE..."
So silicone is a no go...
Quote 0 0
The WooferWagon
I remember years ago steve said if any part of the door..window....or etc is above the nw line. It has to fully operate and cant be altered in anyway. So the answer would be no in ss nw.
Quote 0 0
ssackett
Quote:
Originally posted by The WooferWagon:
I remember years ago steve said if any part of the door..window....or etc is above the nw line. It has to fully operate and cant be altered in anyway. So the answer would be no in ss nw.
That might have been the case years ago but now the rules read...

From the rules:

Contestants may temporarily use tape to seal their air-conditioning vents, heater vents, sun-roofs, driver-side and passenger-side windows when competing provided no other applicable rules are violated.
Quote 0 0
CookieMonster
I would like to know this as well since I have a Civic.

Sounds like you can tape any side windows ( driver-side and passenger-side windows) just not the back rear hatch window?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy