Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Bass:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RFKANGOO:
don't think I can be any help here but I got a question
why not make the front baffle to the floor ??

this pic is an example from a guy only doing 159.3

probably just the angle of the pic, but it looks like the surrounds would go past the b-pillar
The car was totaly leagal, have seen it several times myself
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
i figured it was, just the angle the pic was taken I guess.
Quote 0 0
SPL Samuel
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Yoda:
Updates?
Not a huge amount has happened, following on from the Augest show we have has a break from the car.

Now ever we have now reconed the 9915's back into paper recone'd 99's (95 recones with 99 motors) for box changes. The car is back burping 155 without having had the gains reset or the table brace bolted back in. The 95 recones are dual 2 coils while the 99's were dual 1's so power is lower now as a result. We are currently prepairing the car for a show early next month then the box will be changed a lot before Australian finals in January. On the list of to do's is...

1) Stagger the subs to open up the port as much as we can
2) We are going to play with port shape
3) Currently the box is roughly 8.5 cubes which is on the large size, we will play with angling the back of the box to bring down volume and help with air flow
4) The subs will need to be reconed into 99's again for finals
5) We are re organising the rear of the car so that batteries are right behind the box and the amps at the very rear
6) SHOK is sponsoring the car so it will be rewired with new and more cable a hige thanks must go out to russ for this
7) We need to work sealing up around the baffle, to the floor and either side to the B pillars
8) Box needs to be painted gloss and potentially polished to a very smooth finish
9)Need to look at wiring down the amps, depending on rise we might run them at 05 ohm strapped as opposed to 1 ohm per board un strapped as they are run now
10) Lots & lots & lots of testing needs to go into the car

So there is a lot of work to be done. Ill post up some photos soon of the new recones and how the car is looking now.

Once again thank you to all who have commented in this thread and offered advice its much appreciated and it is being listened to and we will be working to improve the car.

On a closing note we have another Team member Brett who is a great guy and a much welcome addition to the team

Thanks you all
Quote 0 0
SPL Samuel
Double post, appologies and ill edit it to include reconing photos soon
Quote 0 0
SPL Samuel
Hey guys we have been luck to have become a member of Team Shok, Russ is a great guy and the cable is very nice.

Ill be honest i never really believed the photos from other forums where people would wrap it around their fingers so i tried it and its all true, great stuff.

We are currently rewiring the bank and moving the batteries to behind the box as suggested here.

Knu cable

Same force on Shok cable, much tighter bend

Thats 3 coils deep, i was very supprised

Baffle is out and im making another one to stagger the subs closer together to open up the port more.

Amplifiers

We are having a weird issue with one amp, from full gain to 0 gain without any load the voltage output only changes from 113 up to 117 while the other one goes from 0 up to 120, ill have to look into this more.
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
maybe a bad pot
Quote 0 0
Tiger
I'm bringing this one back up to the top again; as to MY knowledge... February is going to see these changes into fruition (according to my understanding).

GO Team XS Audio
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy