dkmst23
okay car would not start so i replaced starter when i started car the volt light came on wen i got home checked the voltage it was under 11 volts running so i took of alt had it rebuilt. put it back on then the starter will not disengage traded out starter twice disconnected all power wires no luck still not disengaging we shimmed it up we got it to disengaged but the volt light came back on. then it will not disengage again any ideas

99 olds alero 3.4 ltr v6
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
maybe a stuck relay somewhere?
Quote 0 0
dkmst23
as far as the starter the relay is on it and i pulled the remote wire off the starter it sucks because this is my car audio car
Quote 0 0
tekk45
The car would not start so you replaced the starter? Then, after the starter replacement the alternator would not charge? You then had the alt rebuilt and now the starter will not disengage? Maybe a bad ignition switch. The fuse panel on the drives side of the dash is known to corrode and cause issues. The other issue may be that your start wire is touching(shorted to) the main battery cable at the starter or a wire is connected to the wrong terminal. I would start back at the beginning, taking a REAL close look at the starter wiring. I have also seen this happen with amplifiers that have the remote turn on wire plugged into the fuse panel. The internal relay in the amp goes bad, stays on, and feeds battery voltage back into the fuse box, causing many bizaar isues even with the key out of the ignition.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy