TeamSubGoPoof Show full post »
TeamSubGoPoof
Everything was going good, then my allergies flared up and I didn't do jack but sit around the house.

Then we went to Tunica for a USAC show and alcohol and buffets tempted me

I'm weak
Quote 0 0
astrolade
whats wrong with 250pds?
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
its okay when you're like 6'15
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
daaaamn nukka, just how short is you?

and I forgot something... the more you starve yourself, the stronger your cravings are for food

That makes it much harder to keep up as well. and it reduces your faith in your willpower as well. You aren't a failure, you're just going about it wrong. Nobody can succeed doing it like you tried-- the body just doesn't work like that. Don't loose faith, just wait until you're ready, and plan it out. Then do it the right way, and you'll be set.

PS: just to show you how bad it gets: In places where there simply is not enough food, people even start eating stuff that isn't even food (like rocks and dirt) because the pain is so bad and incessant. It is just the body's natural response to starvation.
Quote 0 0
Ber
My doctors have me on a very restrictive diet while trying to get my liver back to where they'd like to see it (bloodwork was fine every where else other than w/my liver scores).

It's a 40 day cycle of 500 calories per day. I have two supplements for vitamins and my liver + 1 for fiber (as mentioned in another reply) that I take 3 times per day (9 pills a day). My meals consist of 3.5 ounces of lean protein (3 egg whites + 1 whole egg, white fish and chicken / turkey), 1 fruit and 1 vegetable serving for lunch & dinner. For breakfast, I normally drink water & have a cup of tea.

I also have to drink at least 2L of water a day. Walk / Elliptical for 10,000 - 15,000 steps per day. I can do a low weight / high rep work-out too. 6 - 7 hours of sleep.

Additionally, I've cut back my pop consumption to 1 can or less per day (0 cans since I was put on this a week ago) for the last month.

A definite side bonus is the cut in weight and mass. My clothes are all fitting looser after just a week.

No alcohol either.

After the 40 day cycle I'm supposed to ramp up my caloric intake to 1200 - 1500 calories per day and try to remain there. Assuming that my pill count will go down, but will know once my next bloodwork is done at the end of 40 days.

The first few days were difficult & rumbling tummy, but now it's fairly easy. I've gone to restaurants and parties and kept on my proscribed "diet".

One thing to note, for the first two days, I was told to "load". Meaning, eat as much as I could w/o making myself sick. So, I had hamburgers, pizza, ice cream, tacos w/cheese, etc. That was to help make the next 2 - 3 days easier for me to endure w/eternally feeling hungry.

Oh & no sugar either. I can use Stevia, which is a natural sugar supplement. For carbs / crunchy stuff, I can have up to 5 pieces of Melba Toast per day (2 - 3 pieces at Lunch / Dinner).

I'm not saying it will work for everyone, just what I have been told I need to do. It might be an alternative for you, but you may want to check w/your doctor, personal trainer or nutrionalist first before trying this.
Quote 0 0
Ber
Just weighed myself today and dropped 20 pounds in 9 days.
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
^^^ yeah, always follow the advice of a nutritionist/doctor/etc.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy