dominic mrzena
I just ordered a 16v version of the stetsom 7k2d can this amplifier be ran at 12.5v or does it need modifications.
Quote 0 0
NewGuy408
how did you order a 7k2d 16volt i got a guy lookin to replace one and says they can't be found????

and to answer your question it runs on 12 volts just fine... you just have the option to run 16 volts unlike the 12 volt versions that will shut down at 16 volts
Quote 0 0
Iggster
He bought it used
Quote 0 0
dominic mrzena
I belive that there is just a part taken out so it will not go into protect so it will run at 16v.
Quote 0 0
kraven moorehead
this amp can be ran at that voltage but will not produce the power it would at 16v. I would suggest that you do not run it below 11 volts cause with no protection you WILL have problems. Make sure that you allow about 100Ah per kw and you should be good. You could send the amp to Db-r to have the protection put back active, disconnecting it is NOT reccommended.
Quote 0 0
dB Don
My 7k2D's were made for 16v(protects at 18.3v) and had the actual coils (toroids) changed so I am not sure what protection you are refering to because mine has ALL the protects in place. But if I run mine at 12v its like running running a normal amp at 9-10 volt which is not healthy for it.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy