DeathScythe Show full post »
Shawn Fleming
Lightning Audio 2000d's 8 of them to be exact!
Quote 0 0
TRENDSETTER
I NEVER said they were in my truck!!!!!

We have other vehicles that compete in dB drag!!
THEY WERE NOT THE LIGHTNINGS!!!!
I have had GREAT sucsess with the LIGHTNINGS!!!
The amps we tseted with were BRAND X
they did work at certain levels but never did we see a gain just more draw on the batts!!!

still waiting to see pics and PROOF of this!!
and how anyone would gain from this in the lanes?
because if there is NO gain then whats the point?
Quote 0 0
Neill Barber
The 2000's from Lightning strapable straight out of the box? Thats hella cool if they are. WIsh I could still be running LA.

Lat
NeillBarber
Quote 0 0
pipebomb
i think they are !
Quote 0 0
audiobhanfan85
i saw a mustang with a kicker 18" solo x in a magazine. it had a rms of 5000 watts. they had two 1250x1 amps on each voice coil.
Quote 0 0
hipressurehoe
Quote:
Originally posted by audiobhanfan85:
i saw a mustang with a kicker 18" solo x in a magazine. it had a rms of 5000 watts. they had two 1250x1 amps on each voice coil.
thats only 2 bro
Quote 0 0
NjccBflo
oh yea... what ever happened to getting all the test results out of this idea?
Quote 0 0
AudioDoc
Just thought I'd drop a note in here to anyone having lead wire problems. I do a lead wire modification that will handle 400 volts @ 30 amps CONTINOUS.

- Matt

[ 12-05-2004, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: AudioDoc ]
Quote 0 0
Michael Ankney
A little birdy told me that in 2005 there will be an amplifier commercially available that 4 (four) can be bridged together
Quote 0 0
shaven99ranger
Quote:
Originally posted by shock:
A little birdy told me that in 2005 there will be an amplifier commercially available that 4 (four) can be bridged together
Same little birdy flew down this way
Quote 0 0
Joakwin
if i remember right a focus fader is a digital optocoupler made my stanton

for the optocoupler if i remember right is wut the faders for the dj mixers use

a 2ch dj mixer can take 2 signals and ones u put the fader in the center it will play the 2 of them,

i just took off one of my line faders on my mixer and it had 4 wires to it,
a red witch i think is the power and a black is probably gnd,
and then the other 2 wires, one goes to the top and one goes to the bottom

i think their is 5 wire faders out their also, different brands,

i know the line faders in my stanton mixers are the same ones that vestax uses in theirs

hopeful i have helped and am not in left field

laters
Quote 0 0
Bumpin' Yota
I was doing some digging today trying to find info on strapping the OLD 1501d's and came across this thread.

If I recall correctly, this thread was about strapping multiple (greater than 2) amps into one reactive load.  And whilst I've not attempted this, some thoughts came to mind:

Running a pair of amps in parallel in theory would work, however i would be willing to bet such a setup would rapidly find the weakest component in the pair, fry it, then unzip the rest, just like when a single power supply mosfet dies under load and the remaining fets cant handle it and they all go down...even if the "unzipping" we shall call it didnt happen, there is the stress added to the coils.  In theory you would he doubling current (not voltage) with the amps paralled.  This in theory would double the EMF the coil produces with which to react with the stationary magnetic field which sounds great, but when a single amp is producing 30 to 40 amps of current and stressing the crap out of a voice coil, I'd suspect 60 to 80 amps would light it up really quickly.

Plausible but not feasable.

Now about strapped amps dropping to 25% efficiency. 

With all due respect: No.  Just no.  That was either a measurement error or a calculation error.  Yes, a bridged amp (or pair of amps) will run slighlty less efficiently than non bridged, but the difference is NOT that large.  I would guess a drop from 70 to 60 would be more realistic in most cases.

Ps - who else hates 21844S ic chips on an output driver card?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy