lone blazer
hey guys, i got a few questions for ya. first off my amps are 2 soundstream rubicon 2500d's and they are 1 ohm stable. i'm not too sure about half ohm though. anyways im wondering what would be the benifit of me strapping them vs. running them seperately? i have four 15s with dual 2 ohm coils so i've got a few wiring options but not what i would like. i can run the amps strapped at 1 ohm however the manual says dont go below 2 ohms or i could run them at 4 ohms strapped. on the other hand i could run each amp at a half ohm or 2 ohms. what would you guys do?
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
the pros of strapping are all settings and outputs will be exactly the same from both amps

strapped amps at 1 ohm = 1/2 ohm each amp
strapped amps at 4 ohms = 2 ohms each amp

they wont be warrentied below 1 ohm per amp, but they will run, Ive run at 0.25 ohm on one of my amps
Quote 0 0
lone blazer
yeah i know it would be a half ohm each, i was pretty much wondering if they would actually be able to take it lol i havent really found anyone using these amps so i figured i would see if i got any responses from people who have used these amps at a half.

p.s.
i just put them in my car strapped at 1 ohm cause they came in today and DAMN! its a lot o power and loud lol talk about voltage drop. but im being careful not to dip too low.
Quote 0 0
18inchjeepin
they should run, just keep the voltage up

Im getting ready to try 0.5 ohm strapped!
Quote 0 0
kraven moorehead
are those ratings active or nominal cause i know some amps rate at reactive load so your box rise and coil configuration would determine your actual output sometimes you hit on the right configuration and good things happen also some amps double in impedience and some cutin half the reactive impedience when strapped you may want to take that into consideration/
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy