Hreha Reflections
I'm currently running an extended cab pickup in street a and notice alot of air escaping around the windows. is it leagal to duct tape the edges of the windows. If not is there anything else i can do.
Quote 0 0
Iggster
No it is not legal to ductape the windows. Try a new factory gasket/door jamb
Quote 0 0
Hreha Reflections
it's a brand new vehicle, and it's not the door jamb but the window channels that are leaking, right in the middle of the window.
Quote 0 0
Iggster
Not sure what to tell you honestly then....hmmmm
Quote 0 0
Hreha Reflections
is it possible to run foam tape on the felt gasketing in the window channel to help fill the void and make the window tighter to the gasket?
Quote 0 0
Boomin Audio Competitions - Andy
could be helping you gain, test it normal, test with it taped.
Quote 0 0
96neon
you can use foam tape OR factory door seals from my understanding but not both
Quote 0 0
Sid Grice
6-7k Temporary structural reinforcements to the vehicle are prohibited during competition. This includes attaching straps, suction cups, sand bags, etc. to the vehicle. However, pressing on the doors, windows, trunk and / or laying on the hood, roof, etc. is acceptable providing no other applicable rules are violated.
Quote 0 0
BlackIce
What Sid said, get someone to lean on the door and hold the frame against the body.
Quote 0 0
Shedluv
If its an S10 and its on the driver's side, don't touch it. Believe me, I know . If its on the passenger side you might try pushing on the glass/door.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy