casperskafs
I have 2 91 civic hatchbacks and neither have anything but carpet covering the spare tire in the hatch. I was wondering if I can use a 1/2 inch piece of plywood to cover the tire well so my sub box will set even and not wobble around? Also if I can do this will it hurt my score in Street B DB Drag?
Quote 0 0
ssluke
ive seen alot of guys just use carpet in the wheel well and theyve all gone to world finals and have had no probloms with that but if your going to do the rear deck just make sure its the same thickness as the oem one wouldnt hurt testing both the carpet and the rear deck but youll probably gain with the carpet as it leaves more airpspace
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by ssluke:
ive seen alot of guys just use carpet in the wheel well and theyve all gone to world finals and have had no probloms with that but if your going to do the rear deck just make sure its the same thickness as the oem one wouldnt hurt testing both the carpet and the rear deck but youll probably gain with the carpet as it leaves more airpspace
Thanks for the info man Anyone else have info on this?
Quote 0 0
bluewagon
Use vinyl on the false floor or even try seethrough mesh. I found that with the vinyl i've gained. I will probably try the seethrough mesh as well. My reason for gainging though was because the false floor covered my amps and wires and the floor was pretty tight thus sealing any air from getting under it.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by bluewagon:
Use vinyl on the false floor or even try seethrough mesh. I found that with the vinyl i've gained. I will probably try the seethrough mesh as well. My reason for gainging though was because the false floor covered my amps and wires and the floor was pretty tight thus sealing any air from getting under it.
Thanks for the info man. I'll deff look into that stuff. Sounds like a good idea
Quote 0 0
loud tercell
Where did you ever come up with the idea to use seethrough mesh Mr.Bluewagon lol.
Quote 0 0
john-hone
just make a panel the same shape as the factory wheel well cover and leave about a 2 inch ring for the outside and the center open. cover it with grill clotch. works great.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Quote:
Originally posted by john-hone:
just make a panel the same shape as the factory wheel well cover and leave about a 2 inch ring for the outside and the center open. cover it with grill clotch. works great.
Thanks for the info.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy