Master Yoda Show full post »
ShooterK2
I had an old Metro do this exact thing, and it was a plugged up catalytic converter. But you say you've checked that...... it still sounds like it can't "breathe", so I'd be checking the air filter and anything else you can think of to let it breathe better. You might try taking the air filter off, just to test.
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
well just ordered a new set of injectors for it. lets hope this gets me back in the lanes?
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Sucks your still havin problems ray. I feel ya bro I really do. I did the o2 sensor also. I had the same code. I was lucky though and when I changed it my check engine light never came back on. I still have the problem with it cutting out on me driving down the high way. Like some one kinks the gas line for just a second. Last weekend I went to a show over 4 hours away and it was being a b***h that day. Was cutting out harder on the way back. Like a quick jerk just outta nowhere. Then maybe 10 20 30 mins later another one. I've swapped the main relay from my other civic but I doubt thats it.

Its so weird cause I drove it to town Friday and it cut out. Saturday I drove it to town and not one problem. I even took it down the highway and no problems at all. Then sunday off to the show and all the way up and back it would cut out just outta nowhere. I'm afraid to take it on another road trip til mine gets fixed also.

OO to make things better I realized right before I went to the show last weekend I have a blow voice coil on one of my subs. Whole damn thing might be blown. I haven't taken it out yet to test it. I feel your pain ray. Sorry to ramble so much
Quote 0 0
Master Yoda
Quote:
Originally posted by casperskafs:
Sucks your still havin problems ray. I feel ya bro I really do. I did the o2 sensor also. I had the same code. I was lucky though and when I changed it my check engine light never came back on. I still have the problem with it cutting out on me driving down the high way. Like some one kinks the gas line for just a second. Last weekend I went to a show over 4 hours away and it was being a b***h that day. Was cutting out harder on the way back. Like a quick jerk just outta nowhere. Then maybe 10 20 30 mins later another one. I've swapped the main relay from my other civic but I doubt thats it.

Its so weird cause I drove it to town Friday and it cut out. Saturday I drove it to town and not one problem. I even took it down the highway and no problems at all. Then sunday off to the show and all the way up and back it would cut out just outta nowhere. I'm afraid to take it on another road trip til mine gets fixed also.

OO to make things better I realized right before I went to the show last weekend I have a blow voice coil on one of my subs. Whole damn thing might be blown. I haven't taken it out yet to test it. I feel your pain ray. Sorry to ramble so much
just be careful mine would do that a little before it all whent to sh*t I belive I may have finaly found the problem. I ohmed out the injectors and the are supposed to read between 5 and 7ohms and the primary one is reading 1.4ohms! so I belive that could have been the problem this whole time. I hopee to find out in the next day or so as the new parts come in the mail. on the bright side I got to take my wifes car to two 1X shows this weekend and ran street A to get the rest of my points for finals! I have one more 3X show comming up in a few weeks and from there it will be all testing and building! sorry to hear about the sub maybe once you get them reconed you will see a big gain.
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
Man I hope not. Cool you got to take your wifes car good luck at the 3x show. I'm tryin to decide if I wanna recone or save for better subs
Quote 0 0
ShooterK2
How many miles do you guys have on these Civics? Mine just rolled over 200,000. I'm very interested in the outcome, in case I ever have this problem with mine.

Hope you get it going again soon, Yota.
Quote 0 0
Team 808
Yoda, did you get it fixed yet?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy