Jerry and his 2012 Mazda 5
Street C rules allow any speakers less than 10" placed any where in a vehicle as long as it doesn't violate any other rules. It is also states that build outs and door pods are allowed. Then there are rules about building door panels with like factory structural rigidity. So what stops someone from building door build outs and pods with a googleplex of say 8"or6" woofers that are capable of playing maximum decibels in the 20-70hz test range? If full range amplifiers and speakers less than 10" aren't counted, it wouldn't then be legal if a competitor had multiple full range style amplifiers of any power value playing 2,3,or 4way style full range speakers with boost and cuts in a crossover network as not to play to loudly outside the test range?
Quote 0 0
casperskafs
I think I know what your sayin and I kinda wondered the same thing. Also what part of Indiana are ya from. Just curious
Quote 0 0
Jerry and his 2012 Mazda 5
There are quite a few full range speakers in sizes 4x6, 6x8, 6x9, 6.5 and 6.75" that play down to mid 20hz range. I understand that they might not play as loud in the 20-70hz test range, but this may make a case for several pairs and high amplifier ratings due to multiple driver db gains. I did a Chevy Astro just for fun that had 12 8" Kickers powered by a pair of SSL 1500 1ohm amps. I ran 8 3 1/2" Infinity's in the rear most pilars, powered by a Kicker 350.4 running 175wrms x 2, to each quad. I had the 8" Kickers tuned for 55hz and they played loud enough to start making listeners nauseate. The Kickers were 04SSMB8...and Kicker also made copies in 6.5" claiming a frequency response 30-500hz and efficiency of 85db. My 8's" were rated the same as the 6.5's but efficency increasd to 86db and power rms was 175 each, 350peak.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy