Wayne Harris
In an effort to grow participation in dB Drag Racing the dBDRA will implement some new eligibility requirements for the Street Stock 1K class. These requirements are spelled out in section 2-5 of the dBDRA Rule Book.

Competitors wishing to compete in the Street Stock 1K class must meet all of the following requirements...
  • The vehicle must be registered, licensed, and insured.
  • The vehicle must be equipped with a factory installed airbag.
  • The vehicle must be driven to and from the event.
  • The vehicle must be owned by the competitor or an immediate family member.
  • Once a competitor wins a dBDRA Championship Ring then the competitor and the vehicle that was used at the Championship are no longer eligible to participate in this class.

Question
: How does the Championship Ring factor into this determination?

Answer: If a competitor has EVER won a dDDRA Championship Ring for ANY dBDRA Format then that competitor and the vehicle that was used are no longer eligible for the Street Stock 1K class.
Keep it Loud! Make me Proud!
[1396a0]
Quote 1 0
Will3
I really like this addition this year , i do however still have an issue with rules regarding fullsize pickups in the Stock and Pro stock classes however i do have bias on that issue
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
I agree id like to see fullsize pickups using rear area in Stock Classes, much like how IASCA and some other orgs are

Will3 wrote:
I really like this addition this year , i do however still have an issue with rules regarding fullsize pickups in the Stock and Pro stock classes however i do have bias on that issue
Quote 1 0
mhart
What rear area in trucks are you talking about? 
Quote 0 0
THEDEMOBUS
I guess I should try out stock 1k class then 
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
Well it probably wouldn't be the new Street Stock 1k but, Pro Stock classes.  I mean i can't imagine a full size pickup would come near a CRX/Panda/Bella score but it would make it more competitive at smaller local shows. But the area would be the area behind the front seats and behind the B-Pillar keeping with the same rules that the other vehicles have to follow. As of now trucks with builds that are in the rear extended portion of extended cab trucks are place in Street Stock Wall 5k or Super Street NW at the lowest. 

mhart wrote:
What rear area in trucks are you talking about? 
Quote 0 0
jmorri
This does a pretty good job of 'eliminating' the use of a really "LOUD" car(panda/marbella/CRX, etc...) but it does still allow for 2008+ Corsa's, just FYI... granted the 50hz change might hurt those cars to an extent over what they are capable of on 60hz.

Question: Do all new cars all over the world require to have airbags? I know some countries like the US required it before others which forced manufacturers to change or they pulled those models from the United States. Just want to ensure that other places in the world with DB Drag competitions aren't dramatically hindered into only brand new cars or very select models, etc...
Quote 1 0
Flex Issues Kyle
Since these new rules require a car to be street legal, insured etc...  is it even possible for someone in the USA for example to get a Corsa and register and insure it here? I dont think any of the pandas used here were even remotely street legal or even capable of being so. 

Ive always felt like cars should only be legal in their intended nation of use in any stock class. Super street; do what you want. 
Quote 0 0
jmorri
Most of the Panda/Marbellas that are in the United States are all street legal/registered/tagged/insured to be driving on the roads. With a 2008+ Corsa that is not the case here in the united states, but it can be legal for driving in Mexico and we have people that come from Mexico to DB Drag finals, we actually had 2 Corsa's at the CES show earlier this month that drove up from Mexico.
Quote 1 0
Shedluv
In an effort to grow participation in dB Drag Racing the dBDRA will implement some new eligibility requirements for the Street Stock 1K class. These requirements are spelled out in section 2-5 of the dBDRA Rule Book.

• The vehicle must be driven to and from the event.

This is hard to enforce.  Driven from where?  Could I trailer my vehicle to a buddies house, unload there and then drive the 2 miles to a show?  Could I unload across the street and then drive it across the street to the show?  What if I get a flat on the way to a show and it has to be towed to be fixed and then I drive it from the repair shop to the show from there.  This rule is entirely unenforceable.  I know the intent, but other than just making someone drop their trailer somewhere else, it doesn't do anything.
Quote 0 0
Shedluv

Question
: How does the Championship Ring factor into this determination?

Answer: If a competitor has EVER won a dDDRA Championship Ring for ANY dBDRA Format then that competitor and the vehicle that was used are no longer eligible for the Street Stock 1K class.

What if the competitor won their titles prior to the dBDRA giving away championship rings and just has a plastic trophy?  When did they start giving out rings?  I thought it was like 2005-6ish (it was jackets before that).
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
No ring = eligible.
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
Wayne Harris
Ive always felt like cars should only be legal in their intended nation of use in any stock class. Super street; do what you want. 

I suggested this in preliminary discussions but it became difficult to identify which vehicles where vehicles were designed for use. For example, BMW is found all over the world. Just one example but you can see the problem.
[1396a0]
Quote 0 0
mhart
Well it probably wouldn't be the new Street Stock 1k but, Pro Stock classes.  I mean i can't imagine a full size pickup would come near a CRX/Panda/Bella score but it would make it more competitive at smaller local shows. But the area would be the area behind the front seats and behind the B-Pillar keeping with the same rules that the other vehicles have to follow. As of now trucks with builds that are in the rear extended portion of extended cab trucks are place in Street Stock Wall 5k or Super Street NW at the lowest. 

They shouldn't be. The jump seat rule allows them in stock classes.
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
mhart wrote:

They shouldn't be. The jump seat rule allows them in stock classes.

Jump seats are only in smaller trucks not full size trucks. for instance. The S10s
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy