Wayne Harris Show full post »
Brandon Rosser
My thought for the ring eligibility, is it should be clear as to say if you have received a ring in any burp class, I think Bass Race, Top Dog, and Psychlone past champions should be allowed.

Also isn't the Corsa comparable to models that are offered by Chevrolet, and Holden?
Quote 0 0
mhart

Jump seats are only in smaller trucks not full size trucks. for instance. The S10s

Nothing in the rules say only small trucks. The definition of a jump seat in the rule book is exactly how my Silverado works. Where's Wayne? Lol
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser
mhart wrote:

Nothing in the rules say only small trucks. The definition of a jump seat in the rule book is exactly how my Silverado works. Where's Wayne? Lol

never had any rear seat in a full size extended cab or crew cab truck called a jump seat. 
Quote 0 0
DubaR

I suggested this in preliminary discussions but it became difficult to identify which vehicles where vehicles were designed for use. For example, BMW is found all over the world. Just one example but you can see the problem.

Did anyone suggest vehicles age limit? 
Say like 10 to 15 years or newer? Would make it a revolving platform of choices.
Quote 0 0
Raymond Choy
So just as a recap and to make sure I understand this.  If you have ever won a championship ring in any of the dB DRA formats (dB Drag, Bass Race, Top Dog or Psychlone) not eligible for Street Stock 1K no matter what vehicle the competitor is using as it is specifically competitor based.  Second the vehicle that has won a championship ring in any of the dB DRA formats (dB Drag, Bass Race, Top Dog, Psychlone) vehicle not eligible for Street Stock 1K.
Quote 0 0
Shedluv
So just as a recap and to make sure I understand this.  If you have ever won a championship ring in any of the dB DRA formats (dB Drag, Bass Race, Top Dog or Psychlone) not eligible for Street Stock 1K no matter what vehicle the competitor is using as it is specifically competitor based.  Second the vehicle that has won a championship ring in any of the dB DRA formats (dB Drag, Bass Race, Top Dog, Psychlone) vehicle not eligible for Street Stock 1K.

Yes, but just a ring, not a jacket, so former World Champs and their vehicles that have won previously to dB Drag giving out rings (which was like 2011-2012ish) are still eligible. So old school guys are legal for 1k, even if they have like 8 championships prior to giving out rings.
Quote 0 0
Brandon Rosser

As I  said somewhere else. I believe Bass Race, Top Dog, and Psychlone rings shouldn’t eliminate you from competing in Street Stock 1k
Quote 0 0
Ladislav Candra
jmorri wrote:
This does a pretty good job of 'eliminating' the use of a really "LOUD" car(panda/marbella/CRX, etc...) but it does still allow for 2008+ Corsa's, just FYI... granted the 50hz change might hurt those cars to an extent over what they are capable of on 60hz.

Question: Do all new cars all over the world require to have airbags? I know some countries like the US required it before others which forced manufacturers to change or they pulled those models from the United States. Just want to ensure that other places in the world with DB Drag competitions aren't dramatically hindered into only brand new cars or very select models, etc...

the problem will be with some cars
2 * the same car model, one airbag one no airbag.for example vw polo, golf
and more:-(
Quote 0 0
Raymond Choy
Those vehicles that have airbags will be eligible for Street Stock 1K and the ones without will be Pro Stock 2K.
The idea here is that we are trying help the retailers give their customers a playground to come out and have fun.  How many retailers do you know get CRX/Panda/Corsa come through their doors?  if we make a playground for the average customer at local retailers we could potentially have more retailers on board to give us venues to host events. Obviously we will need to see how things go this season.  Hoping all of our judges can use this to help them approach retailers to get more venues.
Quote 1 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy