AmmoJammo
Can the amplifier be on the back seat in Street Stock class?

The rules specify the vehicle must be stock from the B pillar forward, does this mean the back seat can be completely removed?

but then the rules also say:

3-9a
Nothing in the sound system may interfere with the normal use and / or operation of the vehicle in front of the B-Pillar.

3-9b
Seats may be folded for competition, but may not be removed from the vehicle. Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal operation of the seats that were folded.

Except, is 3-9b only talking about the seats in front of the B Pillar?

Or, can you put a sub box on the back seat, as long as the seat still locks in to the upright position? and the seat must remain in the car?
Quote 0 0
splfrek
AmmoJammo wrote:
Can the amplifier be on the back seat in Street Stock class?

The rules specify the vehicle must be stock from the B pillar forward, does this mean the back seat can be completely removed?

but then the rules also say:

3-9a
Nothing in the sound system may interfere with the normal use and / or operation of the vehicle in front of the B-Pillar.

3-9b
Seats may be folded for competition, but may not be removed from the vehicle. Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal operation of the seats that were folded.

Except, is 3-9b only talking about the seats in front of the B Pillar?

Or, can you put a sub box on the back seat, as long as the seat still locks in to the upright position? and the seat must remain in the car?

you are wasting your breath.as you can see some judges make up there own rules.
I talked with Wayne Harris on the phone and he reads it as you can do anything behind the b-pillar as long as it is under the height of the seat.unless you have a trunk car then everything has to be behind the rear seat.

until the new rules are released and they clear it up its a waste of time even asking
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
Well this was added to the "wall" definition at some point, I only just found it...

a wall being...
"Any enclosure that is higher than the top of the backseat (not including the headrest)."

But that doesn't apply if you have no back seat, so the 13inch from the roof lining would apply....

But that still doesn't answer the question as to whether or not street stock needs a back seat....

how can you even build to the rules if no one knows what they are?!?
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
AmmoJammo wrote:
Well this was added to the "wall" definition at some point, I only just found it...

a wall being...
"Any enclosure that is higher than the top of the backseat (not including the headrest)."

Where did you find this???
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
splfrek
AmmoJammo wrote:

a wall being...

But that doesn't apply if you have no back seat, so the 13inch from the roof lining would apply....

But that still doesn't answer the question as to whether or not street stock needs a back seat....

this is why i gave up on drag.to me the rule is very clear even Wayne reads it the same way but the judges read it a different way
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
Well, its actually not clear at all.

And for Wayne to suggest that a different rule applies to a sedan than a hatch makes no sense.
Quote 0 0
splfrek
AmmoJammo wrote:
Well, its actually not clear at all.

And for Wayne to suggest that a different rule applies to a sedan than a hatch makes no sense.

street stock says normal use b-pillar foraward, street stock trunk says normal use trunk forward,street a/b says normal use "everywhere" to me this says i can do what i want behind the b-pillar in stock and in the trunk in stock trunk.
3-9b is about the front seats.

read 3-9a again! what does it tell you? it says nothing about from behind the rear seat/cargo area does it!

3-9a

the rules says b-pillar forward not cargo area forward. for trunk it does say this. so if you have a hatch then you can do what ever you want behind the b-pillar.

BUT then again the new rules are not out yet so what do i know!
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
I wasn't talking about Street Trunk (there's no "stock" in that title)

I was talking about Street Stock, with hatches and sedans potentially competing in the class.
Quote 0 0
dB Don
AmmoJammo wrote:

a wall being...

Can you link me where you found this because that was one of the typos that was supposed to be fixed.

It should be "Any enclosure that is higher than the top of the backrest of the front seats (not including the headrest)."

sigh.....
Quote 0 0
splfrek
you are right. i was using it as an example of the rule's.

just like super street says "normal use b-pillar forward"
Quote 0 0
splfrek
dB Don wrote:
Can you link me where you found this because that was one of the typos that was supposed to be fixed.

It should be "Any enclosure that is higher than the top of the backrest of the front seats (not including the headrest)."

sigh.....

look this is the only part a 4x judge is arguing LOL
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
dB Don wrote:

sigh.....

in the definitions section, if this link works.

http://termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/2013/rules.asp?Org_ID=1&Format_ID=1&Season=2013&Section=15&ClassFilter=0

so basically, street stock = back seat removed, box no closer than 13 inches to the roof lining, no higher than 30 inches, and no higher than the front seats?
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
and I assume thats the front seat back rest with the seat adjusted to its most upright position?
Quote 0 0
splfrek
AmmoJammo wrote:
in the definitions section, if this link works.

http://termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/2013/rules.asp?Org_ID=1&Format_ID=1&Season=2013&Section=15&ClassFilter=0

so basically, street stock = back seat removed, box no closer than 13 inches to the roof lining, no higher than 30 inches, and no higher than the front seats?

this is how Wayne sees it.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
splfrek wrote:
this is how Wayne sees it.

well thats exactly what it says, so I'm not sure how anyone could see it in any other way?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy