dB Don
If you see or know of an amp I can focus on testing for authenticity please post it here. I am making a list of amplifiers and the power rating we are going to use as a judges reference guide.

-We are working on verifying amplifiers by personally testing them so as time goes by the database of amplifiers will get larger.

Thanks!

[ 01-30-2012, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: dB Don ]
Quote 0 0
Tinted
test the american bass amps.
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Quote:
Originally posted by Tinted:
test the american bass amps.
Already working on testing some of those. Which ones should I focus on.

On my radar is the 200.1, the Treo 4.1, the D5 among many others.
Quote 0 0
Anton Miller
test out the IA 20.1's and IA 40.1 let me know if they are good to go!
Quote 0 0
Team DD Belgium - Dieter
Cactus Powerfighter line.
DD (original black and silver) M1, SS1 and Z1.
Quote 0 0
Tinted
Quote:
Originally posted by Team DD Belgium - Dieter:
bud, z1 is a 3k amp.
Quote 0 0
team unreal sounds
why have rules that stat highest rated power at the lowest ohm load if you are going to test amps to see if they produce more if the amp is rated for 2000 rms at 1 ohm and someone runs it at .5 and gets 2500 that should be there gain i honestly can care less if the guy gets more than rated power if he or she has the correct amp. you say you want competitors to come back to the way it used to be. no matter what not all competitors will be happy thats life ever try to make a women happy pretty impossible right. db drag competitors are the same way. make the rules and go by them quit making loop holes to please the next guy.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
Quote:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Team DD Belgium - Dieter:
bud, z1 is a 3k amp.
but they were claimed to give over 5,000watts into 1ohm...
Quote 0 0
Tinted
sorry I ment to say 5k amp.

we clamped like 4700 watts out of ours starting at 0.25 ohm
Quote 0 0
team casper
B2 audio mono mk2
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
Quote:
sorry I ment to say 5k amp.

we clamped like 4700 watts out of ours starting at 0.25 ohm
its not rated at 5000watts, its rated at 3000, and the most I've ever seen from mine is 2900watts.
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Set everything aside that was said previously....

If there was a way to get supporting manufactures amps tested and certified, so you never have to be second guessed or clamped in the lanes. Would you guys support the manufactures who sign up with dBDRA and do this?

This is an easy way for hassle free competition and it also adds incentive for manufactures to support you guys by signing up with the dBDRA and getting amps tested.

If your answer is yes, you would support the manufactures who sign up for this then I think we might have a solution.

We need to show supporting manufactures that we got their backs as they do ours in the lanes.
Quote 0 0
TRELO LUDE
^^^
thats a noble idea however take in to consideration that there are dozens and dozens of companies products that are used WORLDWIDE.

How would you keep track of every single manufacturer and model worldwide ?
This sport is not only in North America.
We are talking dozens of countries around the world host events and have competitors.

Not possible...just a thought of course
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Not sure what you mean, no where did I say anything about just North America.

As far as keeping track, it would be the supporting manufactures we keep track of when they sent in amps to be tested and certified. All others would fall under the "clamp if suspected power exceeded" area. Certified amps would not be clamped.

Again, nothing was said about this not being worldwide.
Quote 0 0
TRELO LUDE
I know nothing was said about it not being worldwide. I merely referred to that because the idea of "keeping track" and compiling a list of amps is a HUGE challenge all for the sack of keeping competitors in the ENTRY level class in check.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy