dB Don Show full post »
murilo
AB advertises 3800W each?
Quote 0 0
taylorpro
murilo@soundigital.com.br wrote:
The reason why clamping wouldn't be a good idea is, take 10 judges each with their own measurement apparatus, you will then get 10 different power figures, numbers will vary by 50% or more. The measurement equipment would have to be standardized and calibrated.

exactly why i said only clamp at 3x events. honestly, if someone is using a "cheater" amp and busts off a crazy number at a 1x, why the hell does it matter? it won't stand at as a WR or a certified score for that matter. HOWEVER. If you can get the judges who are approved to run 3x events to use the same meter, it A) eliminates differences between meters AND B) allows no room for cheating and unfairness at the events that actually matter in terms of certified scores, world records, world titles, etc. IMO, asking the judges who host 3x events (aka judges who have more than just their foot wet in dbdrag) to get XX clamp meter to verify power at 3x shows is NOT that unreasonable. And this would be SO much better.
Quote 0 0
dB Don
taylorpro wrote:
exactly why i said only clamp at 3x events. honestly, if someone is using a "cheater" amp and busts off a crazy number at a 1x, why the hell does it matter? it won't stand at as a WR or a certified score for that matter. HOWEVER. If you can get the judges who are approved to run 3x events to use the same meter, it A) eliminates differences between meters AND B) allows no room for cheating and unfairness at the events that actually matter in terms of certified scores, world records, world titles, etc. IMO, asking the judges who host 3x events (aka judges who have more than just their foot wet in dbdrag) to get XX clamp meter to verify power at 3x shows is NOT that unreasonable. And this would be SO much better.

Thank you, and trust that people will get clamped in classes with power limits at finals
Quote 0 0
taylorpro
Thats good to hear. I was just a bit frustrated as i bought amps to conservatively fall into street stock and was a bit upset when i found some people were using amps that could very well do more than 2k
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy