cf2004
Hey guys. New to the forum and competing.
I would like to build a Street Stock setup up to start with so i can get my feet wet.

What would be a good set-up to start with? I get that it has to be entry level items that can be bought at a normal retailer.

I was thinking street stock A. Maybe like 4 kicker comp 12"s (since kicker always has BOGO's)ported and a Audiopipe 1000D (although i heard that amp would be a no go?)

I also have a regular cab s10 and thought about doing somthing crazy like 10-12 cheap 8"s on 2000watts for Street Stock B Just to be different and a good way to meet people. lol

SO, i guess what i am asking is, Street Stock competitors what are you using? And can i get some ideas.
Quote 0 0
Aaron Bryant
well first off what car are you going to use and what is it if its not the s10?
Quote 0 0
cf2004
A 2002 suzuki XL7 w/ 3 rows of seating(SUV)

I don't my kicker idea ( or really my car) will work b/c per rule book

Seats may be folded for competition, but may not be removed from the vehicle. Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal operation of the seats that were folded.

I read that as saying i can fold down my seat, but after I install the system, i have to be able to fold the seats up w/o the system getting in the way. i.e. i can't set the box on the fold down seat.

When the seats are not folded down, i have a whopping 8" of space between the seat and the rear hatch door.

I guess i could try and stuff some stuff in my regular cab s10
Quote 0 0
PeteS
does the 3rd row seating rule apply in street stock ? Though all 3rd rows could be removed in all class's correct me if I'm wrong.

Additional Guidelines:

If a vehicle has more than 2 rows of seating, then the additional rows (3+) may be removed at the competitor's discretion.
Quote 0 0
cf2004
I pm'ed greg on caco.com about my seat question and his reply was copyed and pasted from the rule book in the pass. compartment section of street stock. which read:

Seats may be folded for competition, but may not be removed from the vehicle. Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal operation of the seats that were folded.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy