Iceman91
Hi I have a buddy that is looking to compete in street stock this season. We were looking @ the rules & it is had in the rules stating the enclosure has to be located behind the b-pillar. So he has a civic hatchback, the way I take the rule is he can build an enclosure in the back seat under window/30" line, or does he have to have everything in this hatch cargo area?
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
Everything in the cargo area...
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
warlord
cargo area
Quote 0 0
AssaltoFRONTALE
why cargo area?
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
3-9b         Seats may be folded for competition, but may not be removed from the vehicle. Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal operation of the seats that were folded.
[37309a0]

Quote 0 0
splfrek
what about this rule?
-9a         Nothing in the sound system may interfere with the normal use and / or operation of the vehicle in front of the B-Pillar.

what about "normal use b pillar forward" and the fact that you can mod the vehicle?

I've also talked with Wayne about this and he read's it the same way. all you have to worry about is being under the front seat headrest.
so as far as im concerned you can have an extreme build behind the b-pillar and under the headrest.
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
Whats so unclear to this?
Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal operation of the seats that were folded.

This so easy to understand, or?

You can not build like extreme class behind b pillar cause you have show that your soundsystem does not interfere with the NORMAL USE of the sears that where folded.
So if you build till b pillar, you can NOT use your backseat in a normal way. Right or wrong?
Just think about this.
[37309a0]

Quote 0 0
splfrek
dB Drag Feldjaeger wrote:
Whats so unclear to this?
Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal operation of the seats that were folded.

This so easy to understand, or?

You can not build like extreme class behind b pillar cause you have show that your soundsystem does not interfere with the NORMAL USE of the sears that where folded.
So if you build till b pillar, you can NOT use your backseat in a normal way. Right or wrong?
Just think about this.

so why does it say normal use b-pillar forward? why does it say we can mod the vehicle?
street a/b says "normal use everywhere" and "no mods" that is very clear to me. if i have back seats they must be able to fold up and down blah blah blah.

like i said before I talked with Wayne about this and he reads it the same exact way i do
Quote 0 0
splfrek
also can anyone point out in the "written rules" where it says anything about being clamped? I cant seem to find it?
Quote 0 0
ausie_bass_addict
doesn't have to as it states in the rules 2000wrms max, clampping is just a way of measuring to make sure your not going over that mark. thats how i see it anyway
Quote 0 0
splfrek
ausie_bass_addict wrote:
doesn't have to as it states in the rules 2000wrms max, clampping is just a way of measuring to make sure your not going over that mark. thats how i see it anyway

yeah this will not go anywhere.LOL until i see the new rules come out i will leave it alone
Quote 0 0
dB Don
These questions would already be answered if the rules were posted. Please Wayne?
Quote 0 0
Scubaguy
I will be the judge at most of your shows and I will tell you now that if your back seat is not able to be used you will be moved up to SSNW or Super Street. I hope this clarifies it for you
Quote 0 0
splfrek
Scubaguy wrote:
I will be the judge at most of your shows and I will tell you now that if your back seat is not able to be used you will be moved up to SSNW or Super Street. I hope this clarifies it for you

look another judge making up his own rules... imagine that

oh forgot to add that my vehicle didnt come with back seats. some did some didnt it was a crap shoot
Quote 0 0
splfrek
huh 2013 rules???? http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/2012/rules.asp?Org_ID=1&Format_ID=1&Section=99

look street stock vehicle mods 'check" normal use "b-pillar forward" what else can i say? these rules tell me i can do what i want behind my front seat as long as its not a wall.
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy