taylorpro
I'm a bit confused as to the grey area in how the passenger compartment rules are written for the street stock class. The first rules basically states nothing in the stereo can interfere with things in front of the B-pillar. The next rules says "seats" may be folded but must be able to be installed and operate as originally designed. BUT does this apply JUST to the front seats? It never says rear seats must operate or be installed even for that matter. It just says nothing can interact with things past the B-pillar and that seats must operate. SO, do I need to have my back seats in this class since they fall behind the b-pillar???
Quote 0 0
taylorpro
nobody????
Quote 0 0
dB Don
They can be folded down for competition but remain in.
Quote 0 0
taylorpro
dB Don wrote:
They can be folded down for competition but remain in.

rear seats? that should be clarified since they are behind the b-pillar. but thanks don
Quote 0 0
dB Don
3-9b        
Seats may be folded for competition, but may not be removed from the vehicle. Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal operation of the seats that were folded.

So if a judge sees a box on your folded down seats, expect them to ask you to demonstrate full use in the lanes.
Quote 0 0
taylorpro
dB Don wrote:
3-9b        
Seats may be folded for competition, but may not be removed from the vehicle. Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal operation of the seats that were folded.

So if a judge sees a box on your folded down seats, expect them to ask you to demonstrate full use in the lanes.

yes i know that, but 3-9a states
"Nothing in the sound system may interfere with the normal use and / or operation of the vehicle in front of the B-Pillar."

So seeing that the back seats are indeed behind the B-pillar, one could question if they even came into play. Since the B-pillar rule preceded the rule about seats.
Quote 0 0
dB Don
3-9a has nothing to do with rear seats.
Quote 0 0
taylorpro
dB Don wrote:
3-9a has nothing to do with rear seats.

Right because they arent behind the b-pillar. How could i forget. If you wanted to note they didnt
Apply their should have been a disclaimer. For the vehicle to operate as designed in front of the b-pillar, exactly what 3-9a implies, anything behind the b-pillar should be fair game. Or at least on 3-9b, you should state ALL seats need to operate as designed.
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
I hadn't seen that in the rules before?

so that means street stock allows the install to be on the back seat, as long as its with the back seat folded to its "normal" (sit in) position...
Quote 0 0
taylorpro
AmmoJammo wrote:
I hadn't seen that in the rules before?

so that means street stock allows the install to be on the back seat, as long as its with the back seat folded to its "normal" (sit in) position...

glad im not the only one that thinks the rules aren't very clear.
Quote 0 0
dB Don
You are right the rules are not perfect AND not very clear for everyone. Heck their not without problems and loop holes we find all the time with so many thousands of different vehicles all over the world. But at some point you gotta use common sense instead of pick apart some wording for loopholes.
Quote 0 0
taylorpro
dB Don wrote:
You are right the rules are not perfect AND not very clear for everyone. Heck their not without problems and loop holes we find all the time with so many thousands of different vehicles all over the world. But at some point you gotta use common sense instead of pick apart some wording for loopholes.

I understand don. And i didn't mean to be the a-hole to do it. I just figured with people busting out mid-high 50's overseas in a "stock" class limited to a 2k amp I'd make damn sure I knew all of the rules without a doubt.lol. something seems a little off in that picture
Quote 0 0
dBangers
Some competitors in Austria can easily do 151+ dB on 2k with seats in and 20-50 Hz limitation, so I think this is not so suspicious score on 60 Hz...although I know there are not so many competitors who can do that...but thanks for the discusion, I wasn't sure about that rule either
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy