Anton Miller
Hi All!!!

Just curious how they are taking the 4000 watts measurement... is it going to be the rms rating at 1 ohm? or what? with the help of a friend i have found an amp that says 5000 on the front of it, but the published 1 ohm rating is 4000 watts.. however it has a half ohm rating of 5000...

Any assistance int his matter will be appreciated
Quote 0 0
ozcrx
It's the highest published rating so if it says 5000 on the amp then it's 5000
Quote 0 0
Mazda SPL
I just don't understand why, on one side, its seem too complicated to limit power in Street classes, and on the other side, Dbdrag 2012 now have 2 classses limited by amps power and its not seem to be a big problem...
Quote 0 0
Anton Miller
Quote:
Originally posted by ozcrx:
It's the highest published rating so if it says 5000 on the amp then it's 5000
:/ damn.... guess ill be running rd then....
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
I was about to post this same question!

Is it the highest published RMS rating OR the highest peak power rating??
Quote 0 0
dB Don
It is rms rating. We will go with the amplifiers manufacture rating. But, if we see ANY amp that is questionable we reserve the right to test it on the spot if we suspect more than allowed power. We will reclassify any amp at any time so make sure your not buying cheater amps to sneak under the radar. The amps will be watched and reclassified if needed so if you sneak it by one judge it may not get noticed until finals. Just make sure your power is around the cap and you shouldn't have any issues. That was the heads up.

As far as clamping in the lanes I don't think we will do this unless a situation arises where it is needed. Most of you own clamp meters and can do this yourselves. Any competitor can bring any amp they see in these classes that don't belong to our attention as well.

Enjoy your freedom and creativity in these power limited classes, we are giving you the benefit of the doubt until shown otherwise.
Quote 0 0
TRELO LUDE
Quote:
Originally posted by dB Don:

we are giving you the benefit of the doubt until shown otherwise.
unfortunately Don this will not last...not being a downer, just realistic... its a nice gesture on the officials part, but it WILL be taken advantage of...rest assured
Quote 0 0
dB Don
But to not offer that chance would be no better than the few who would be ridiculed by peers for knowingly cheating. I am sure some people will try to use more power than allowed, actually I expect it. We will deal with amps as they arise. No serious competitor will want to risk embarrassment and wasted money on an amp they know does to much power. Safer to stick to guidelines and work on the build to get it efficient.
Quote 0 0
TEAM SUPER SOM ALEMAO
Quote:
But to not offer that chance would be no better than the few who would be ridiculed by peers for knowingly cheating. I am sure some people will try to use more power than allowed, actually I expect it. We will deal with amps as they arise. No serious competitor will want to risk embarrassment and wasted money on an amp they know does to much power. Safer to stick to guidelines and work on the build to get it efficient.
I fully agree with the question of competing legal ... I believe in both stock classes would be mandatory use of the team for assessment WRMS applied on the slopes ...
classes in question will be considered WR stock 2012 ...
Quote 0 0
kimboslice2
Quote:
Playing in usaci with amp ratings this ideal is not going to work a 1000watt rated amp by the mfg can do 4000+ watts even more depending on voltage and ohm load i mean what would a person run a Boss amp ??? those can even do some power so were going to clamp a Boss audio amp when a good number pops up.
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Quote:
Originally posted by kimboslice2:
Quote:
quote:
Playing in usaci with amp ratings this ideal is not going to work a 1000watt rated amp by the mfg can do 4000+ watts even more depending on voltage and ohm load i mean what would a person run a Boss amp ??? those can even do some power so were going to clamp a Boss audio amp when a good number pops up.
Then you would run the risk of getting the amp audited on the spot and being DQ'ed. Just because the amp is rated for the class does not make it legal. The rating is only the first hurdle it has to pass. The second would be the clamp test IF we felt like it and we would most likely do it when you least expect it or on a critical run so you couldn't "hide" the power you were actually using.

Each judge will use their own discretion on what they want to do but one thing is certain, if your using too much power regardless of rating and you want to take it to a finals etc... your gonna get caught.
Quote 0 0
TRELO LUDE
Don I inderstand what you are saying, however a SIGNIFICANT issue will be policing it. And i use that term because that is what it will be. We are talking about it on a Worldwide level....lol... no chance this will work...my opinion of course which is worth 2 cents..lol
Quote 0 0
dB Don
I hear ya Trelo but this is the best we got until we have an add on for power measurement on the term lab. I trust that most of you guys will be fair but will come down hard for those who violate.

I think there was enough warning and the point was made.

Have fun guys!
Quote 0 0
dB Don
I hear ya Trelo but this is the best we got until we have an add on for power measurement on the term lab. I trust that most of you guys will be fair but will come down hard for those who violate.

I think there was enough warning and the point was made.

Have fun guys!
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
Quote:
Then you would run the risk of getting the amp audited on the spot and being DQ'ed. Just because the amp is rated for the class does not make it legal. The rating is only the first hurdle it has to pass. The second would be the clamp test IF we felt like it and we would most likely do it when you least expect it or on a critical run so you couldn't "hide" the power you were actually using.
but there's nothing in the rules about clamping power? at least not that I've ever found, so if an amp is rated at 2000/4000watts, as far as I can see, if meets the rules.

if it does 8000watts, that's not the competitors fault, its the fault of the rules for not clarifying themselves properly.

Personally I've been running two Response brand, 1500watt amps at 0.5ohm each.

They're the same board as the sundown SAZ1500D, which someone clamped to give ~1950watts into 1.2 ohm.

I've never clamped my amps... I have the facilities to, but have never seen the need...

Do I have 4000watts rated? hell no! Do I have over 4000watts clamped? who really knows!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy