Mr.Sears one 15 sub from hell
As I look for rules...defining street trunk,I am not clear on it.....What is legal...and not legal in the trunk? Do panels...or carpet have to be in place....in the actual trunk area?
Quote 0 0
Wow...still no response....
Quote 0 0
Wanna-B-Basshead
The rules for that class are very unclear. They say "trunk forward" so I would think that it wouldn't matter if the panels or carpet were in or not.
Quote 0 0
Wanna-B-Basshead wrote:
The rules for that class are very unclear. They say "trunk forward" so I would think that it wouldn't matter if the panels or carpet were in or not.

Thanks man...I was figuring the same thing...but you never know.....that's why I figured,I would ask the question anyway...
Quote 0 0
THE-SCRAPER
Steve the DB Drag Street Trunk rules are the same as Street A and B for the exception that ALL the the equipt must in trunk Amps/Encloser/Subs etc... ONLY the Trunk of a car is considered by DB Dragracing as a "Cargo" area therefore it's VERY legal to have no carpet , MDF the sides foam the inside panels etc. You can use UNLIMITED amount of power wire from front to rear. UNLIMITED amount of subwoofers and your total amount of power is restricted to 4000 watts of the highest total manufacturer RMS Rating of your amp/amplifiers. Example ONE 4000 x 1 RMS OR Two 2000 x1 RMS OR FOUR 1000 x 1 RMS amps allowed .
Quote 0 0
Thanks Terry...I knew if anyone knew...it would be you...
Quote 0 0
dB Don
Mr.Sears one 15 sub from hell wrote:
As I look for rules...defining street trunk,I am not clear on it.....What is legal...and not legal in the trunk? Do panels...or carpet have to be in place....in the actual trunk area?

We went into the 2012 rules with simplifying and making it easier as one of the goals. Most, if not all of us are pretty easy going and the rules are not perfect, there will always be grey areas and things missed. We just have to use common sense when building/judging these vehicles. If theres an addendum to be made to the rules throughout the season we will have Wayne do that on the website with announcements.

So I would say, you would be allowed unlimited damping as long as it didn't interfere with factory panels/carpet if there was some. Some trunks dont even come with carpet or panels so reinforcing this would be a waste of time. But, I wouldn't recommend reinforcing the trunk, body, sheet metal or using concrete though.

We are looking for drop in enclosures or maybe ones with cosmetic panels behind the seats to make it look professional. We would move you up if we saw a steel caged trunk with wood enclosure, that's more SS and extreme and kinda defeats the spirit of competition. Foam and wood I wouldn't have an issue with unless I saw it was used in excess.

I am not saying you can't build the enclosure in the trunk with fiberglass bottoms to get more airspace that's fine. If your building it and have any doubts on whether its legal you can always send your local judge pictures as well as post here, or pm me. I don't have final say at any of your shows but I will have a pretty good idea of what your intentions are with pictures.

Sorry I missed this post but if you ever need anything answered you can PM me too.
Quote 0 0
Thanks Db Don....sounds good to me....
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy