Knightstale
Hi All,

I was hoping to clarify the rule on ‘folding’ seats for Street trunk class, namely the wording of the below:

Quote:
3-10c         Seats may be folded for competition, but may not be removed from the vehicle. Competitors who fold their seats must be able to demonstrate that the installation of the sound system does not interfere with the normal operation of the seats that were folded.

The situation is, a competitor plans to compete soon, and is gunning for top of Street Trunk here, however, there have been questions put around how he has set up the seating in his car.

The car (a Subaru WRX Sedan) does not so much have a fold down seat, as the seat is ‘pullout’ type, so in efforts to keep within the rules, he has kept the seat in the cabin but mounted it up on his rear parcel tray (see below).

My question is, as the seat is still in the cabin and “folded” or tucked away, does this still meet the above ruling for him to compete in Street Trunk?

Greatly appreciate any and all help. The guys is obviously not trying to act "in an unsportsman like manner", he is just inbetween a rock and a hard place due to not having folding seats like most cars.
Quote 0 0
Knightstale
Do ANY of the Term pro / dB Drag Officials read these threads? I flicked an email to Wayne re this but alas as im sure he is busy, I have not heard back, so thought this might be another good avenue to ask the question?
Quote 0 0
mhart
you could try facebook
Quote 0 0
Knightstale
mhart wrote:
you could try facebook

yeah was really hoping to get a more official answer here, seeing as it is the term pro forum and all... alas doesnt look like anyone wants to point me in the right direction
Quote 0 0
dkmst23
as far as Folded down they mean laying flat on the back seat the seat up there could give you an SPL advantage but as far as I know DB drag has never let you unbolt a seat if it doesn't fold down stock add task to be up NSPL I think it's the only 1 that allows you to lay it flat without it being a folding seat 1 option is to go to a junkyard and find 1 with a stock hinge
Quote 0 0
Andrew DBDRGA Colver
No one cares about the rules that have such a fine line lol
Quote 0 0
Knightstale
Thankyou dkmst23 def something to take into account, I find it a bit sad that they would not allow you to unbolt a seat, if it gives you the same result as folding a seat down, but under street rules, it does kinda make sense.

lol Andrew.... go find a hinge au!
Quote 0 0
dkmst23
I am in the same boat I hope you get a diff ruling the only sanction body that allows a flat seat is nspl I actually believe they have the best rules setup
Quote 0 0
warlord

REALLY FUNNY MAN LAUGHING ....
Quote 0 0
Knightstale
warlord wrote:

REALLY FUNNY MAN LAUGHING ....

the question is related to Andrews setup is a shame that none of the officials has either been on, or seen fit to answer
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy