xpl
Ok - so I been at work all day. Then I have a Production Change I have to implement tonight. Its now 11:05pm here - the change keeps getting pushed back - I cant start until midnight - its going to take 6 hours and they expect me to be here tomorrow to support this if it has issues. I live an hour away from here - and quite frankly - Hmmm - I wonder how my boss would react if I just left my badge and my cell phone (company phone) on his desk and walked out.

Its tempting - damn tempting.
Quote 0 0
caraudiophile
that=teh suxors
Quote 0 0
xpl
Its now 4am - and I may get to go home here shortly to take a shower and then return to work again for the day. Oh I am sooo excited. Can you tell? YEAH ME!!!!
Quote 0 0
BallzDeep
Eh part of the job mang......Deal with it..
Quote 0 0
Coffee via IV !
Quote 0 0
JordyO
Don't you have any labour laws that forbid that sort of thing? ... or maybe even a union to stick up for you?

<--- Government worker, does it show?
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
canada has a government?
Quote 0 0
Iconoclast
Quote:
Originally posted by TeamSubGoPoof:
canada has a government?
hahaha, silly kanuks

anyway, as far as I understand it, he would only be protected by a Union, unless he was one of those intelligently disinclined individuals who are anti-union (ie, if he works for Wal-Mart).
Quote 0 0
Well, if he's "salary", you pretty much are at the mercy of the company when they need you. That's not unusual at all.
Quote 0 0
BallzDeep
Quote:
Originally posted by TeamSubGoPoof:
canada has a government?
Quote 0 0
xpl
Quote:
Originally posted by 8675309:
Well, if he's "salary", you pretty much are at the mercy of the company when they need you. That's not unusual at all.
EXACTLY!!!

Salary is nice in one way - I always know how much I will make in a paycheck - but ya know - I am envious of the hourly guys on my staff - that overtime right now would look REALLY nice.

All I know is these hours SUCK
Quote 0 0
TeamSubGoPoof
Quote:
Originally posted by xpl:
Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 8675309:
EXACTLY!!!

Salary is nice in one way - I always know how much I will make in a paycheck - but ya know - I am envious of the hourly guys on my staff - that overtime right now would look REALLY nice.

All I know is these hours SUCK
the only BAD thinb about salary...if you come in and they don't like the way you look...you can get fired...happend to my dad.

He worked for the city gas department for 30 or so years...and was next in line for the biggest promotion they could get...well the nephew of the mayor wanted it and they ended up firing him just because they wanted to...nothing he could do about it even talked to a lawyer
Quote 0 0
xpl
ya know - right now - Iwould WELCOME getting fired.

I have 6 weeks of vacation acrued that they would have to pay out. I have a nice 401K that would get rolled out.

I cant really quit - got that child support looming over me - so fired or layed off would be best. Layed off - that would ROCK. The severance package here is INCREDIBLE. But right now - I would welcome fired.

Used the F word to my boss the other day - didnt get me anywhere - never even been written up here. What does a person have to do to get fired?
Quote 0 0
hmmmm New thread? Things to do to get fired!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy