ShockingCanada
OK I know this has been a rules forever that the deck must be mounted in the stock location in most street classes but its time to get rid of it. Most new or nice cars simply dont have an area to put a deck anymore. I was considering street trunk in my volvo s60 but the dash has a screen built in for the stereo and other car controls and simply cannot mount a deck in the dash at all. There is no space and if you cut the dash to hell to put one in the rest of the car wont work anymore. I know many other cars will have this issue also. Its not the 90s anymore where every car has a din or double din slot for the radio
Quote 0 0
splfrek
what if you made a nice fiberglass unit and mounted it inside the car? fiber glassing is not against the rules and its still inside the car!
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
it has to be mounted in the dash...

having said that though, you wouldn't exactly run a podium in a daily driven car, so why should it be allowed in a class that's meant to be a "daily" type setup.
Quote 0 0
dB Drag Feldjaeger
Exactly...
[37309a0]

RETIRED certified 4X Head Judge dB Drag Racing & Bass Race

dBDRA Staff Member/ Head Judge
World Finals Head Judge  &  European Finals Head Judge
     WF XI, XIII, XIV,                         EF '05, '12, '13

Quote 0 0
ShockingCanada
AmmoJammo wrote:
it has to be mounted in the dash...

having said that though, you wouldn't exactly run a podium in a daily driven car, so why should it be allowed in a class that's meant to be a "daily" type setup.

Actually I wold because there is o other way to put in a aftermarket head unit. Thats ok you guys can continue to keep your heads in the sand I started dbdrag in 2000 and was looking to get back but the rules are preventing me from doing it as well as anyone else with a car like mine (many people)
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
So how do you normally listen to music in the car?
Quote 0 0
ShockingCanada
The radio is part of a screen that is used to change many settings about the car, how it drives, handles, and the climate control etc. it is moulded directly into the dash board. It is non removable period, not only would a deck not fit in this spot but it controls important functions of the car. This is not uncommon and anyone who argues with me about it is an idiot. Not everyone drives 1990 hondas and most new cars that are higher end will have this issue. Heres a good idea, lets make it so that we force people to spend thousands on audio equipment but we will cater to only people who drive crap cars, that makes total sense lol
Quote 0 0
bland1
So how do you run your daily system now?
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
bland1 wrote:
So how do you run your daily system now?

That's what I thought I'd already asked, and all I got in reply was some ranting nonsense calling people idiots... lol
Quote 0 0
Street Dreams CC
I know what Tom is saying. Its basiclly a factory indash touchscreen that you use for the radio and it also has vehicle information that runs through it so it isnt easy to just take it out and put something else in. If he did he would lose access to vehicle information that is needed.
Quote 0 0
ShockingCanada
AmmoJammo wrote:
That's what I thought I'd already asked, and all I got in reply was some ranting nonsense calling people idiots... lol

My daily system is the stock radio, I don't have a system I don't listen to audio through a system, like most competitors my systems are competition use only meaning I would be listening to the stock radio and using the system only during competitions, that is exactly what I have done in all of my previous vehicle the only issue is in the other ones I could just unplug the remote and RCAs from an aftermarket deck that would fit in the dash but in many new cars you can't put an aftermarket deck in the factory location without screwing up critical features of the car (for example my radio is part of the car computer that allows me to change the steering force, climate control etc etc etc) meaning that the only way to run a system is with an aftermarket deck in a non-stock location as in a podium. I don't have some space aged car these are very common and the rules don't allow these cars to compete in lower classes
Quote 0 0
AmmoJammo
so mount an aftermarket source unit in the glove box?
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy