The Hoss
New to the site, I have a basic understanding on setting a system up, I'd really like to get a sub amp combo for mostly metal music and some bump for the rap. I'm running a pioneer deck and I got seven hundred fifty for the new system. open to any suggestions
Quote 0 0
D-Bass
save up some more money and get something you won't want to replace six months down the road
Quote 0 0
MREZSTREET
on the cheap the hifonic hfi12d4 do good ( sell em for $50 each) at the store, and the audiopipe makes bets amp for the money...but D-Bass is right, if you can save a few hund more it goes a long way the first time around and not so much next round
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
DB Drive platinum series is a heck of a way to start, somewhat cheap and very good subs. Not quite as cheap as the hifonics subs though.
Quote 0 0
Boogie Woogie
yea listen to these guys and avoid walmart and best buy lol

find a car audio establishment close to your area and do research on brands bro and you'll be happy even if you have to wait

patience is a virtue
Quote 0 0
bassjunkie
Quote:
Originally posted by Boogie Woogie:
yea listen to these guys and avoid walmart and best buy lol

find a car audio establishment close to your area and do research on brands bro and you'll be happy even if you have to wait

patience is a virtue
I agree!!
Quote 0 0
Nightshade
Quote:
Originally posted by The Hoss:
New to the site, I have a basic understanding on setting a system up, I'd really like to get a sub amp combo for mostly metal music and some bump for the rap. I'm running a pioneer deck and I got seven hundred fifty for the new system. open to any suggestions
I would say it depends on weather your looking to replace the entire car's speakers or just plan on adding some extra bass. If your only looking for some bass then you have enough to do a nice setup including amp kit, battery, subs, and amp if your willing to build your own box which I reccomend over a prefab box 100% of the time.

For example you can get a nice 0 guage Kicker Kit online for right around $110 shipped to you. That brings the total down to $640 and I would suggest a Sundown Audio Z15 which are on closeout from Sundown right now for $200 shipped per 15 and a single 15 should work nicely for you. I've seen a Z15 do over a 150 by it's self in Jacob, the owner of Sundown's Jeep. This sub can be ordered directly from Sundown so you are saving a ton of money not having to pay a middle man. So you are down to $440 and need an amp and supplies for a box.

Lucky you Sundown has an amp that will kick ass with the Z15 and that would be a sae1200d and is available on soundsolutionsaudio.com/store for $280 shipped or you could also order it through Sundown themselves if you decided to order the Z15 at the same time. This amp will do a real 1500 watts and is meant to run at 1 ohm. They sound great and are powerhouses for the money. They will outperform any other amp that I've seen in their price and power range, including the Audiopipe 1500d.

With the amp, sub, and amp kit out of the way you are down to $160 left to buy materials to install and build yourself an enclosure and buy a cheap battery to help run the amp. I would be willing to design you an enclosure if you went with the Sundown equiptment as an incentive to giving my manufacturer business so all you would have to do is build the box and throw the sub in it. I'm assuming that your capable of wiring the amp up so I'm not figuring install costs. So let's say that materials will cost you around $50 for a sheet of mdf, glue, screws, some carpet glue, and a couple of yards of carpet. That leaves you with $110 to buy a secondary battery to put near the amp to help keep constant power going to it. Honestly any lead acid car battery will do since you wouldn't be running a ton of power, but a sealed lead acid battery is going to be the safest way to add a battery and have it inside the vehicle. Another option would be to add a second battery under the hood if there is extra room, but this may be limited depending on what type of vehicle you have. In a worst case scenerio you could just run the primary battery up front and save a little bit more money and get a nice secondary sealed lead acid battery for the rear near the amp, and is what I would do if it were me.

I'd be glad to help you with anything you need if you decide to go the route I suggested, or if you end up having any questions along the way just let me know and I'll give my advice if you need it.

I hope this is an exciting experience for you, as most of us had to start out the same way that you are now with a limited budget and a goal in mind. You'll be amazed what a little searching and digging will do when you are shopping for gear for your ride. It pays off to talk to others that have done what it is that you want to do so that you don't make any mistakes and get discouraged along the way. You may get discouraged, but I think that will only be when the basshead bug bites you and you decide you want to go bigger and better than what you've got. Then it's all uphill from there

Good luck and remeber to ask questions!!!
Quote 0 0
Contact Us | Legal Notices | Privacy